• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

logging domain logons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelwarlock

i've been asked to see if i can find a way to keep a log of everyone who logs on because the school believes people may be illegally entering the lab on weekends. so far the closest thing i could find was the event viewer, but that doesn't record logins. any thoughts?

It's in the security log in event viewer. It should show every login as either success or failure. The same info is on the DC.

i only have one entry in the security log, from 2003. is there something that i need to enable?

Hi Dude,

Can't give you much infor but I found the ideal answer for you. It is using the wmi scripts, and this web site explain them clearley and I saw he has included one script to indentify who has logged to the machine previously. So I think this site will help you and give you something more than you looking for.

Cheers

Back