• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

remote media center

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fordman

Hello

Im looking for a program to use to control my media pc from my main rig. Im also looking for an idiots guide to use it. Thanks all.

Fordman

Hello
Gave up on ms remote desktop and went with free vnc viewer and it does everything I need to do with it.

Fordman

Well it looks like you found your own solution. I use remote desktop. You just need to enable it on the machine and set a user/password. It worked pretty quick for me. It's also faster than I thought it would be, it's pretty close to being at the computer itself.

Remote Desktop is nice, but I personally think VNC is way better. I use VNC strictly on all of my networked machines. I even have it setup on family members who are constantly messing up their computers. That way I dont have to make a trip to their houses. They simply call me up, I have them start the VNC server, look up their IP address and then I can login and fix.

Back