• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post the biggest web-ripoffs you can find!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vrykyl said:

I would have to disagree with that one, But then again I get a student discount. But they are really one of the few places you can get a full system for $399 when they run that special. They also have a fairly good deal on their XPS GEN 5 systems.

Hmm, I was looking for some memory the other day. I believe one of the ones I saw was some Kingston Value Ram. CDW was selling it for about $130 or so while other sites had the same stuff for around $45-50.

synthetic_fenix said:
I would have to disagree with that one, But then again I get a student discount.

Not to be a thread crapper, but how would one come across these student discounts? I'm a college student and I'm thinking of buying a Dell 2005fpw LCD monitor and I'll take any discount I can get :D. Given I can get any discount :shrug:

shellshock said:
haha, not really buddy. They DO have some pretty good deals on there laptops :)

Gotta agree. Never had a problem with my dell laptop, and I absolutely love my 2405. I got amazing deals on both, and would have probably paid even more.

athens_2.jpg

I dont care what its costs, I WANT IT! :drool:

shellshock said:
haha, not really buddy. They DO have some pretty good deals on there laptops :)

yeah uhh but tech support that eternally sucks, most people cant understand them, u have to buy through a small business account to get tech support that can be understood :cry:

Some guy just tried to trade me an ancient Riva TNT card for the ATI 9200 I'm selling on Craigslist... I thought he was kidding until he mentioned that he'd offer me a PS/2 mouse as a "bonus". What's sad is that there so many are people out there who'd fall for that kind of scam.

Nathan0490 said:
yeah uhh but tech support that eternally sucks, most people cant understand them, u have to buy through a small business account to get tech support that can be understood :cry:

Why are you on this site if you need tech support from a company like dell? They rock, they list all their technical manuals online so you can do all the work yourself and easily if need be on their laptops. I've only dealt with their customer service a couple of times. One time I wanted copies of software for my laptop. They shipped them AIR and got them next-day. The other time was when I was going to return my extra lcd (2005fpw) and they gave me $50 to keep it. I ended up selling it and made ~$100 profit. Never had one problem with my I9300 either. The 6800Go's memory overclocked over 200mhz, and the core almost 100mhz, and it gets almost 5000 3dmarks in 05 now. It was priced lower than all the other top manufacturers when I bought it as well (40% off and other coupons).

Back