• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 - Motherboard Monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pee4

Registered
Hi

I like to display my CPU temp and Northbridge temp in the system tray. I have always used Motherboard Monitor. But it doesn't support the P5WD2. What do you use?

Thanks

John

I had the exact same problem. The solution is to wait until MBM finally catches up with the latest chipsets. In the meantime I use the asus probe included with the board (it's on the CD and also available on their site). It shows cpu and system temps, but no northbridge :(.

From the MBM Web Page

"January 21st 1998 the Internet saw the 1st version of MBM v. 1.0
Juli 6th 2004, about 7.5 years later the MBM development comes to a stop

Yes you read it right, after thinking about it for several weeks I have decided to stop development on MBM. Over the years many (if not all) clones appeared that tried to do what MBM did. Some succeeded others did not. Some I feel where technically and user wise better then MBM but with an average of 6000 hits a day and coverage on almost every PC magazine in the world it still seems to be the most popular monitoring tool around. And it is better to stop at your peak :)"

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Yeah, you guys might be waiting a long time :) SpeedFan will put the CPU temp on the taskbar, but it definitely isn't happy with all the temp sensors on the P5WD2...

Thank you all for the replies.

I will take a look at Speedfan.

John

BigStan said:
From the MBM Web Page

"January 21st 1998 the Internet saw the 1st version of MBM v. 1.0
Juli 6th 2004, about 7.5 years later the MBM development comes to a stop

Yes you read it right, after thinking about it for several weeks I have decided to stop development on MBM. Over the years many (if not all) clones appeared that tried to do what MBM did. Some succeeded others did not. Some I feel where technically and user wise better then MBM but with an average of 6000 hits a day and coverage on almost every PC magazine in the world it still seems to be the most popular monitoring tool around. And it is better to stop at your peak :)"

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Doh! :santa:

I use MBM5 with the P5WD2. I cannot get the voltages to work but have everything else. I have attached my Data file if you want to use it.

Just install MBM5 like normal but do not use the config wizard, cancel that and restart when it says to. Take this data file and unzip it into your MBM5 folder over writing the original, actually I delete the original and then drop this in. Then start it and you should be on your way.

This data file is cutomized for my system reading the Pump RPM and HD temp so you will need to make adjustments from within MBM. I use an Nvidia 7800GT and have also included the plugin I use to read the card info.

For the record, I got the original ini files from a German fellow but can't remember where and the Nvidia plugin came from DFI-Street, work done by _xhp_

Attachments

• Data.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 141
  • MBM5NVdriver.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 251
i use everest. i just load it on startup(put shortcut on startup folder) so i dont have to manually activate it

Hi S_Wilson. Thanks very much for that. I was hoping someone might have something like that. I'm not worried about not having voltages. Excellent.

Hi Bapski. I feel like I already had a look at Everest. I don't think I could find a way to display the temps in the system tray?

Back