• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

back up program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

what is the best program to back up my whole entire hard drive right now? i lost all my important files to the missing nvatabus.sys yesterday. will i be able to burn the backup into a disc? thankss

acronis true image version 9.0.0.2302 is what I am using. It will create backups of the whole disc & even files & folders on any schedule you say incrementally or whole. It can make a bootable disc which will restore, backup, or even clone a drive even if you uninstall AND remove the prog entirely from the reg. You can backup any drive or partition to a separate drive, a disc or a usb drive (just not on a fw drive as I found out recently). I would not want to have a pc without an equivalent prog to protect it.

Well acronis worked perfect on my last rig. But the nf4/x2 combo are proving to be much, much more fragile. For instance...

1. cpu/ram set low, httx5 - once I get above 250, windows straight crashes
This has happened twice now and foobared my winstall. (repair didn't work)
2. explore image - crash, bsod
3. create image - does it's job, then crash, bsod.

Back