• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5gd1 max fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darufe

so far ive gotten to 260 with perfect stability but am having problems going over this mark.
anyone get past this point?
trying to figure out whats limiting my oc :\

Put up a cpu-z shot. Like this.
Matsputer.jpg

you see your sig is a bit confusing to me. you say a 260fsb but in your sig you show your mem is running at 433 with timings of 2-3-3-6. If you are running at 260 then your mem should be at 416. 4/5 of 260 is 208 x 2 = 416.
For your mem to be running at 433 you would have to be running at 270.6 fsb
Oh and 433 @ 2-3-3-6 would be more than great with tht value mem.
Post it so we can see it for what it really is then the help may show up! You don't need the sandra scores. Just the cpu-z

WZ

The p5gd1 unfortunatly has no "direct" memory demultiplication. You can either set it to auto or have demultiplied preset values. Not sure what the exact demultiplier is but thats what the bios and sandra show (i cant demultiply it any lower and i cant go anywhere higher without loosening my timings up).
just downloaded cpu-z and its giving me 5:4 demultiplication and 416mhz just like you said.
yet sandra still says 216x2=432
pretty weird
still not bad for value pc-3200 with spd of 2.5-4-4-8 hehe :)

think i should loosen the timings and go for even higher fsb ?

Attachments

• cpu-z mem.JPG
    cpu-z mem.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 29
  • sandra mem bench.JPG
    sandra mem bench.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 29
Temps?

So your temps staying reasonable. We know that is not the issue.
If temps are getting to high that could limit you. I think it may well be your value ram. You need to get some tccd G.Skill 4400LE. Or just be real happy with a 260fsb on the 5:4 divider. A 800+mhz overclock on air is not too shabby. The G.Skill mem would allow you to run your mem on the 1:1. And yes you would see quite difference. Like I said it may also allow you to OC even higher. You will then see that value ram is only a value if you are not a Overclocker.

WZ

Ya after some testing my ram is the limiting factor here. I *can* go with uglier timing and get it to work at higher speeds but the bandwith just wont go up and ill just bottleneck.
I'm rather new to oc'in but ive learned this so far: your max oc is always gonna be limited to your worst component.
now if only i could get rid of this mb/cpu/ram and buy something else for cheap :p hehe
Guess i should be happy with 260 fsb with my "value" ram for now

Back