• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Registry Error!!! PLease help :S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tiffer

Registered
having major probs with a registry error, i start the pc, and up pops an error message, sayng windows file is missing, but the title of the dialup box comes up with Chinese symbols, i have found the location in the registry

Hkey user/ software / microsoft / windows NT / current version / windows

the same title is displayed in the registry value as the dialogue box which comes up, this all startsed a week ago when i unticked the boxes in the startup in MSCONFIG, i unticked the boxes whcih displayed this Chinese symbols, now even though i have ticked them agian the 6 error dialogues appear on every boot up, nothing loads up i.e norton untill i have clicked ok

i have run system works and reg mechinic and no joy!!!

would be greatfull for any help :bang head

regards

i have run system works and reg mechinic and no joy!!!

Maybe you should stop using registry cleaners? There is no benefit anyway.

Anyway, first just check if stuff is loading at startup using this. MSConfig doesn't display everything. Also, check for any sort of malware.

thanks for the help!! Not...

instead of moaning at what software i use, more constructive help would of been more welcome.

i have used reg mechanic to resolve the issue, and dont use it as maintenance software. I have also scaned for malware etc. We have been getting lots of virus's on this machine recently, but resolved now.

Well, if the problem was caused from "cleaning" the registry then of course not using it would prevent it from happening again. More bad then good will come from using registry cleaners and I was just pointing that out.

Can you post the exact error message? Just take a screenshot of it and upload it at ImageShack

BrutalDrew said:
Well, if the problem was caused from "cleaning" the registry then of course not using it would prevent it from happening again. More bad then good will come from using registry cleaners and I was just pointing that out.

Can you post the exact error message? Just take a screenshot of it and upload it at ImageShack
You're right, he's also right.

I don't use Reg cleaners because I do not think that much benefit comes out of it, and because it is wise to leave the system configuration information for an OS as capricious as Windows alone. I reccommend that you do not use registry 'cleaners' anymore, and instead reformat at given time intervals.

Screenshots are helpful diagnostic tools.

here are the screen shots, i hope you can help me, i appreciate you're help! :)

(please see the below images)

regards

Tiffer

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 30
thanks guys, yes m8 i did try that programme you showed me, but what exactly should i do with it? is it possible if you could guide me?

i tried installling that .exe & restarted, no different im afraid.

shall i try any others on that list?

Kindest regards

Tiffer

Tiffer said:
thanks guys, yes m8 i did try that programme you showed me, but what exactly should i do with it? is it possible if you could guide me?

i tried installling that .exe & restarted, no different im afraid.

shall i try any others on that list?

Kindest regards

Tiffer

I really don't know, I guess you could..it is pretty easy to get it to work.

what do you mean? "pretty easy"?? to install the replacement files? ive done that, .exe and the reg file, still no joy. Restarted everytime to check.

im stuck for ideas!! any other ideas guys??

regards

Tiffer

Tiffer said:
what do you mean? "pretty easy"?? to install the replacement files? ive done that, .exe and the reg file, still no joy. Restarted everytime to check.

im stuck for ideas!! any other ideas guys??

regards

Tiffer

well...is it possible to reformat??? It might be the only solution.

in the regsitry can i delete the value??
would that cause harm??? if i did this it would stop that process from running??

thanks again

Tiffer

Tiffer said:
in the regsitry can i delete the value??
would that cause harm??? if i did this it would stop that process from running??

thanks again

Tiffer

I definitely wouldn't delete anything in the registry unless you know exactly what it's purpose is.

Back