• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NANYA DDR? anyone heard of it? or Kingmax better??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
have anyone heard of NANYA memory?? found a place selling NANYA PC2400 512MB memory. i think i've heard of it before, but totally forgotten whether it's good or not. any comment???

also, i'm considering 2 Kingmax PC2400 256MB too. heard lots of people are hitting 160+ w/ it! is it true??

gonna go w/ my new XP1800+ & 8KHA+. since the XP is locked, i would like to have the best memory for FSB o/c'ing!!

which one would be the best save bet???:rolleyes:

or the Corsia (sp?) PC2400?? which one of above will be the save bet for the highest FSB speed??

oh, btw, i'm talking 'bout the fastest memory timing!! 'cos i've heard lowering the memory timing actually hurt the performance more than just a few more MHz increase. right?!

Im using the Kingmax which is actually classified as being PC2100 capable of PC2400 performance whatever that means and I have been running it at 160 mhz FSB cas 2 and have obtained a little higher with cas 2.5 on a Epox 8Kha+

The NANYA from what I have heard performs just as well if not a little better, however I can not confirm or deny this a I have no experience of it

Where can I buy?

UnseenMenace : If u dun mind me asking, which vendor is selling the NANYA PC2400 512MB memory? I have the 8K7A which only has 2 memory slots, so 512mb sticks will come in very handy. I am running 2 Crucial 256mb at 167fsb at 8-8-7-2-5-2-2.

Re: Where can I buy?

QSW said:
UnseenMenace : If u dun mind me asking, which vendor is selling the NANYA PC2400 512MB memory? I have the 8K7A which only has 2 memory slots, so 512mb sticks will come in very handy. I am running 2 Crucial 256mb at 167fsb at 8-8-7-2-5-2-2.

I don't mind you asking at all, however I did not make the statement regarding memory size, only LandShark mentions the 512 mb sticks, so I would believe he would be a better person to ask, as I can not comfirm or deny this information

Landshark I would like to remind you of the forum code of conduct which can be found Here especially rule number four which states :-

4. We do not permit advertising OF ANY KIND! This includes posting your URL, offering items for sale or trade Or announcements of new sites This applies equally to commercial and private ads. We do permit Senior Members to post their URLs - this is the only exception

and as such could you please adjust your signature in compliance with the rules and remove the personal URL.

Many thanx

Well Wild_andy_c had some and it was very good stuff worth the money! 300mhz fsb and cas 2 not bad at all. I actually think he had 2700 but the 2400 may be able to do 166 or so at lower timings.

I think NANYA was one of the first to advertise PC2700(6.8ns) sticks & we have a bunch of users here but they get the cheap stuff as the importers here never bring in CAS2 or PC2400s. Just plain old PC2100 but I have not heard of any complaints with them.

From my experience, I would recommend not buying nanya memory. I bought 2x256 megs pc2100 cas2 memory from a local dealer at a computer fair. The modules on the memory were nanya. I could not get the fsb over 128mhz with that memory. I just sent it back a few days ago and got a refund though.:)

Anyways, I don't know if it is because of the way it was made or something, but those pc2100 modules (both of them) didn't work for me.

You never know. It could be different with the 2400 stuff and I could have just been dealt some bad luck.

I'll stick with my corsair pc2400 stuff. I'll bring up the fsb once I could afford some good water cooling.

nanya memory is ok....but i only have experience with them once...and that was the fact that it's the ram on my geforce256 sdr...does that count?

Back