• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oooh they take the p*ss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tat2monsta

i ordered a diamondback mouse and a exactmat from overclockers.co.uk
it was my first order from them. it was placed on a saturday night.. 20 mins later i get the bot responce sayin it was being procesed.. yay im thinkin...
monday morning i get an email sayin they cant send me the order cause my gf's credit card didnt seem right to them.. they wanted me to send some bank statements with proof of where we lived ... ok fine thats fare enough... im ok with that.

so i write them an email tellin them that me and my partner are very busy and it may take a day or so to get the proof .and i also say that if i cant get it sorted,i will mail them and cancle the order.
i instantly got an email back sayin.. ok we have cancled your order.
im thinking wtf! so i tried to phone them.. ...engaged then it rings no answer then try again engaged again.. so i think ok ill mail them and say. nooo i want this stuff i DIDNT say cancel it.. i said i would cancel IF i cant get the proof to you. then they reply sayin.. sorry it too late.. you will have to order again if you want these items.. so buy this time we are thinking sod it.. lets buy from somewhere else..

next day. my gf checks her bank. and they took out the money for the items.. £68 in total.. we think why the hell did they do that.. they said they wouldnt sell to us intill they had letters with our adress on.. it then took another hour trying to get an answer on there phone.. when she asked why they still took the money.. they wouldnt reply . they just wouldnt explain why it had been taken out.. then we said. well we have paid for the goods now.. so are you gonna send them.. they said no.. we still need proof.. and they blaimed there credit check company for leting the transaction go though. so we phoned them. and they said.. what the f*** how the hell can they say that.. we didnt say anything. so after that we had to try and get though to them again .on the phone they never answer. and TELL them to get the money back into our account str8 away. lukely my gf spoke to someone else this time. and he was helpfull and got the money put back in within 24hours!.. but what a joke eh... just to top it off.. i opened my emails the other morning to find they had added me to there mailing list.. offering me the mouse i wanted at a (one week only special price) lol what a bunch of p*ss takers..

im only sticking to the companys we have allready used from now on. as they dont give us any trouble. infact.. over-clock.co.uk NOTE! there name is diferant! there realy good.. i had a bad light from them.. i got a shock from it when i installed it.. i sent it back and phoned them. they was gr8. they sent me another light str8 away. and it was a better and more expencive one at no extra cost.. now thats what i call lookin after your customers..
another thing that realy gets my back up.. is when you phone these places. they always treat you like a total noob.. like i had a badly anodized TT res/level indicater bay from dcs.. it had a masive growth forming inside the sealed unit..they tried to blame me for not useing ther right coolant... i may be new to water cooling.. but i had just filled my system with fluid-xp.. now that stuf is meant to be non corosive ect... if its badly anodized it done mater what you put in there.. aluminium and fluids dont mix fullstop..

ok thats my rant over.. thanks for reading

While what happened to you may seem like a pain, it is actually done for YOUR protection as well as their's. The reason your card was charged is because it is automated... when you submitted the order, the card got charged automatically. Then I guess when they looked at the order, they wanted to be sure that the order was legit, hence why they wanted more info from you. If someone had a stolen credit card and they bought stuff from this merchant (or ANY merchant) do you know who gets stiffed when the card is reported? The merchant is left holding the bag, this is the reason they are very careful these days.

yeah i understand but they tried to blame it on secpay and when we phone them. they said it shouldnt have happend till they had the proof from us.and the money was taken out after i had the email saying they had canceled it

thanks for your responce..

Last edited:
nikhsub1 said:
While what happened to you may seem like a pain, it is actually done for YOUR protection as well as their's. The reason your card was charged is because it is automated... when you submitted the order, the card got charged automatically. Then I guess when they looked at the order, they wanted to be sure that the order was legit, hence why they wanted more info from you. If someone had a stolen credit card and they bought stuff from this merchant (or ANY merchant) do you know who gets stiffed when the card is reported? The merchant is left holding the bag, this is the reason they are very careful these days.

I'd agree with you, except it would be too late to stop the order, he already got charged.

ckj said:
I'd agree with you, except it would be too late to stop the order, he already got charged.
Just because the card was successfully charged doesn't mean anything... it gets charged automatically. It is simple for the merchant to credit the funds back to the account.

dont you guys. read? i said they took out the money AFTER they said THEY had canceled the order.. and they wouldnt explain why. delete this post.....

Simple problem.

Just call the credit card company and claim that you had an authorized charge on your account. They should research the matter and issue you a chargeback.

deception``

Back