• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket 775 need some advice. Only want new MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bob Ross

Registered
Hi,

I was given a couple Intel D830 CPU's. My current system is ok (Nforce2-S 2.0, amd M2600, ATI 9800/256 agp, 2.5G DDR ram, SATA raid0) but I would like to use these Dual cores.

Here is the thing; I'm not looking to spend more than say $100-$120. I'm having trouble finding an Socket 775 board supporting AGP, DDR(1) and Gigabit LAN. Ideally 4GB support would be best for me; I use a lot of 3D apps.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I can only find PCI-E boards and most only seem to support 2GB of DDR2. Is what I'm asking even made? Thank for any help.

BR

Sure, there are socket LGA775 motherboards with AGP and DDR RAM, like the Abit AS8 and Asus P5P800... BUT... they don't support the dual cores, sorry. For the 8XX Pentium D series, you need the i945/i955 chipset. The new i975 should be out soon. These will all be PCI-E/DDR2 boards. Most of the good overclockers like the Asus P5WD2 are premium boards and aren't cheap. Even the lower priced i945 mobos will run over $140 new. The best deal I could find for a decent mobo is a newegg refurb Abit AW8 for $129.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127213R

Back