• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micron MT ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbell

the real xtremesys admin in exile
I just got 2 sticks of 256mb Micron MT ram
pc150
cas 2
5.4ns
168 pin

$25 bucks each!!! what is going on with these prices!?!?!!!!

now I got a whole new world of overclocking available to me - next up - the CPU.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!

anyone else running these sticks? what gains have you gotten from them?

Ratinfested said:
i picked up a stick of pc133 micron 128mb for $13.99 at a pc show yesterday and have run it 155fsb cas 2.

Can you load a screen shot of this.. I tried it with my Micron MT PC133 cas2 @ 144 and it froze up badd.....

i couldnt say about the market there where u live but here in São Paulo its not difficult to find out memories called something like the "second line" of the major memory manufacters. NEC is the most frequent one followed by Micron (MT). im not sure about what they r or the differences to the "first line" but the second one will always be cheaper - also, chips made in singapoure, malaysia, korea use to be cheaper than the japanese ones.
some sellers also said me there r false memory chips in the market - NEC specially. despite they carrie its name the real manufacter isnt NEC for ex.. people here use to get most of the equipments at Paraguay and sell it here. Paraguay's technology market isnt the most reliable anyway.
just take care when getting popular brands memory like NEC or Micron: "second line" will possible be as fast as the better ones but will surely last a lot less.

Last edited:
jbell said:

Can you load a screen shot of this.. I tried it with my Micron MT PC133 cas2 @ 144 and it froze up badd.....

Most I can get out of my Micron Infineon is about 141 @ CAS2. I can go to 143 @ 2-3-2 w/ half-decent memory scored.

With the install of my PC150 sticks how do I get them to run at 150? major advancing inside my bios?

ei otto, comprei 2 pentes micron na basecomputer e se saíram muito bem.. uma delas @148 222 e a outra @155 222, a segunda chegava a @163+ em 333... Comprar Nec ta muito arriscado..

tacobell said:
ei otto, comprei 2 pentes micron na basecomputer e se saíram muito bem.. uma delas @148 222 e a outra @155 222, a segunda chegava a @163+ em 333... Comprar Nec ta muito arriscado..

um... you lost me dude. I am guessing you are running at 148 cas2 on one rig and 155 cas2 on the other the second is at 163 cas3 .. impressive if I read you correctly.

Yo hablo un poco espanol, tu hablas engles?

dios mio! I hope I didn't butcher that too bad!

tacobell said:
oi, como vai?
you got good results from them. do u remember how much uve paied for?
its really a big problem walking around for the NEC memories cuz youll never know if its false, second line or original - from the first line of them; and the seller will always say: -we work only with the first line here! and give you a price you cannot find cheaper anywhere!
i just got new RAM and decided to pay a bit more for the compaq memory which sounds nice up to now - modules by toshiba. not tried overclocking yet but believe its gonna work fine.
those yours were supposed to be CAS2 memories or you just were lucky? cuz ive found out that is an information no-one will be able to talk about. always felt like i should buy it and be a lucky guy when getting back at home!

By SPD they should run at 133 333 but almost every micron cl3 runs at 133 222, at least the ones me and my freinds bought at basecomputer.com.br

you should try one stick... it´s cheap there.

tacobell said:
jbell, i tested both on the same system.. and you are understanding portuguese well :D

Thank you - I hope I wasn't too far off

Back