• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore adjustment unavailable in an EP-4PCAI BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Peter 85

Firstly, I'd like to apologize if I am posting a thread that already has been discussed here. I looked around the forum and found nothing that was directly related to my problem...

I have the problem with no option for adjusting vcore in my BIOS. My board is an Epox 4PCAI with an initial BIOS version from March 2004. Following Logan's advice, I flashed my BIOS to the latest available version from Epox's site, but nothing changed. My system still boots and works just fine, but I am unable to gain access to the desired voltage setting.

Do you have any idea where I could find a proper BIOS file (maybe an old one, made before this handicap) to flash my board with? I have been searching throughout the Net for weeks, but to no avail. I even contacted Epox's support, but the BIOS update they sent me (dating from December 2004) also didn't help.

I am really getting desperate with this situation and I would appreciate any advice on the matter. Thanks in advance, guys!

For a start welcome to the forums, :welcome:

Not every motherboard has options to change voltage you could just be unlucky and need a new mobo. I suspect thats the case due to the latest bios not having a option to change it in.

Well, actually the problem is with Intel not wanting this setiing to be accessible in the first place. The 4PCAI does have support for vcore adjustment, but it gets automatically disabled when a Prescott CPU is detected. As you may guess, such is my case...

I have been looking for a modded BIOS or an old version that still has this feature enabled.

Back