• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's rush processing a joke?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdameron

We'll 'do our best' to rush process it. What if we 'did our best' to pay for our stuff? Saturday at about 1AM I placed an order, opted out of the free UPS shipping and did the fedex super saver... figured $8 for much better shipping. I also got the rush processing.

That was Saturday the 12th at 1AM. Lets look at the tracking log:

Nov 15, 2005 6:53 AM Arrived at FedEx location NEWARK, NJ
Nov 14, 2005 10:55 PM Departed FedEx location NEWARK, NJ
11:01 AM Left origin EDISON, NJ
6:00 AM Picked up EDISON, NJ
5:44 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx

AWESOME! It would have been sweet if they really rushed it, and got it shipped out on saturday. Nope, my package has gone a whole 50 miles across the giant state of NEW JERSEY. If it's their policy not ship ship on saturdays, or process on saturdays, then I'll just stick with zipzoomfly from now on. ZZF is way better at shipping, they just need to fix their browsing/searching system. Newegg has ****ed me off twice now... ZZF never

I have had a package ship out on saturday before, but I never pay for the rush processing. And, Fedex will not ship on a saturday, unless you pay more. Such is the same with UPS.

FedEx, UPS, and DHL (airborne) all do not ship on Saturdays, unless you pay more... and MUCH more at that.

USPS does ship on Saturdays, and that's why I love them.

You paid for rush processing, but I don't see why. Well, they did ship it out on Saturday, right? I guess they pickup shipments on Saturdays, but just don't do delivery on that day.

When did you EXPECT this anyways? I don't understand what you're mad about. Could you clarify?

you are not going to order anything from anywhere on saturday and get it shipped unless its USPS or your going to pay an arm and a leg for ups or fedex. ordering extra services on a saturday is pointless cuz nothing gets done till monday anyway...

its like people that order stuff on friday or saturday and PAY for overnight and the **** dont ship till monday anyway LOL

There is no need in most cases to pay for rush process, especially when you order during non business hours. The only time I could ever see doing that is if it was close to their cutoff time for that day and I wanted it out that day, but in that case you would have to call and find out what time that is. Why the hell are you bitching about rush shipping on the weekend? They are clear on what their shipping policies are.

Yeah the only thing subpar about newegg is that they us UPS but honeslty i been ordering a crapload of stuff from the egg in the last few weeks and UPS has done good since I called them and BITCHED AT THEM FOR LEAVING MY 7800GTX ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD :bang head

well they said they dont process orders on weekends, but i bought the rush and it was all done processing by sunday

but then fedex was so slow it took them 5 days to get it from nj to pa

Kendan said:
There is no need in most cases to pay for rush process, especially when you order during non business hours. The only time I could ever see doing that is if it was close to their cutoff time for that day and I wanted it out that day, but in that case you would have to call and find out what time that is. Why the hell are you bitching about rush shipping on the weekend? They are clear on what their shipping policies are.

I guess I'm just bitching because the package didn't get picked up for shipment on Saturday. I've recieved packages from both UPS and FedEx on a Saturday, without paying extra.

And in all fairness, I just checked their site and Newegg is not open (at least not for calls) on Saturdays, so I guess I'm the one at fault for believing that they could have it processed and picked up on Saturday. The 'steps' part of 'my account' didn't reach step 5 until Monday morning. Just thought they could charge my bank on Saturday... but again, it appears they don't do anything at all on Saturday.

You receive packages from UPS and FedEX on Saturday without paying extra? Please tell me where. This is the first I've heard.

Now, if the vendor paid for it themselves, that's a different story. Did the packages that "arrived on Saturday" say "Saturday shipping" or something of that sort on it? There's no way they ship on Saturdays for regular shipping methods.

As with other guys, I've had stuff go out on the weekends before occasionally, but I think it's just luck of the draw, and I doubt rush processing had anything to do with it.

I agree with Kendan that probably the only time would matter is if you're placing an order at like 4pm and you want to give them an incentive to bust their humps to get it out the door in time for the last pickup. Otherwise, I'd say it probably won't do much more than making you one icecream cone's worth poorer :)

P.S. I've received stuff from Newegg and have seen stuff getting sent out on Saturdays by Newegg without paying extra. Newegg would have had to be the one to pay for it because I certainly didn't. Maybe they felt it was a really big order and watned to be generous. Maybe there were a whole bunch of Saturday shipments going out that day for some other purpose and they figured "Eh, why not, just a few extra bucks." They never revealed that to me, so it's just random and not to be expected. In fact, it hasn't happened to me since last year.

Well, maybe shipments can be PICKED UP from businesses on Saturdays, but I sure as hell know that they don't ship it to your home on Saturdays without extra cash.

Yeah, probably. Newegg probably had to fork over some extra dough. They've always struck me as randomly generous anyway, so it doesn't seem out of the ordinary. :)

mista ting said:
I order alot of stuff from newegg, some how any time i check rush oder the items comes late then with normal shipping. :shrug:
Might just be a coincidence. It shouldn't make things faster either except under certain conditions, but it definitely shouldn't make things slower! :eek:

My experience with newegg is that the rush processing makes no difference. Newegg always ships fast, but to me, it seems no faster with the rush. I think it's basically a "Click here to donate 2.99 to Newegg.com" button. People who buy the rush processing get fast processing and are happy, thinking it was related to the 2.99 they paid. People that don't pay are also happy, since they get fast shipment for free.

ZZF is better now for shipping. Newegg makes you pay for shipping and you still get ups 492 day shipping. ZZF is free and you get fed ex 2 day. ZZF is usually better on pricing too. Their browsing system does suck though, newegg's is much better.

The only thing rush processing does is put an emphasis on getting your order shipped that business day or the next if at night or weekend. I tried it once on an order that was very close to their cutoff for the day but it did not make it. They automatically refunded the amount of the fee. That has been a couple of years ago but I imagine it is still the same.

Back