• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Help needed with P4C800-E-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Recursion

My system is in my signature, I had a freshly rma'ed P4C800-E-deluxe and I got these errors when trying to install asusupdate and use a floppy disk.

The first error I get when trying to install asus update is

The 2nd is

Then when I try to use any Floppy disk no matter how its wiped or formatted, I get this error.

So I then contacted Asus and the suggested I RMA it again, so I did and got the same motherboard back today. I get the same problems.

I cant use any type of floppy, I cant even use a bootable floppy. Nothing works.

So, Windows works fine? Can you see the Floppy in Windows? Can Windows read/write to the Floppy? Are you sure the floppy's cable is plugged in correctly (some floppy drives don't have "polarity tabs" for proper oreintation)

FWIW - I ALWAYS use AFUDOS update tool when flashing my P4C800-E Dlx. It is the safest methood IMO.

Awaiting info on how the Floppy behaves in Windows. :cool:

Randyman... said:
So, Windows works fine? Can you see the Floppy in Windows? Can Windows read/write to the Floppy? Are you sure the floppy's cable is plugged in correctly (some floppy drives don't have "polarity tabs" for proper oreintation)

FWIW - I ALWAYS use AFUDOS update tool when flashing my P4C800-E Dlx. It is the safest methood IMO.

Awaiting info on how the Floppy behaves in Windows. :cool:

Yes windows works fine accept the errors above.

I can see the floppy but I get the error.

Yes the cable is plugged in correctly.

I cant use Afudos because I cant even boot to a bootable floppy. I already tried afudos made on another computer.

Its like Im stuck.

Just started happening, or has the floppy ever worked? Could it be a bad floppy drive, or a bad batch of floppy disks? I had some odd Floppy issues, so I bought a new $10 drive and a pack of NEW floppy disks for peace of mind (1st time I have EVER bought floppies - I usually recycle 5 year old floppies :( ) . All is good.

Have you double checked your cable to assure isn't shorting on the chassis, etc?

Good luck :cool:

I ordered a new drive so we will see when it comes. Floppy disks are a bunch taken from many random places.

even if the floppy drive fixes the floppy problem, what about the first problem of the program not recognizing my motherboard as an asus.

I dunno, but I tried using the Windows based updater and had issues everytime I tried it. Once you get the Floppy working, try AFUDOS first.

:cool:

Back