• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are all the memory module for notebook are the same??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lightning

Registered
i had a gateway solo 5300 notebook and i want to upgrade it ram. i search in pricewatch and found out that micron tech and infineon offer 256mb ram at $30. i was wonder that did those ram suit for my laptop, since it didn't said specificly for solo 5300 but just gateway. i remember last time i saw some memory had state specificly for solo 9500 or 5300. did anyone had this kind of experience?? can i buy it??

Lightning said:
i had a gateway solo 5300 notebook and i want to upgrade it ram. i search in pricewatch and found out that micron tech and infineon offer 256mb ram at $30. i was wonder that did those ram suit for my laptop, since it didn't said specificly for solo 5300 but just gateway. i remember last time i saw some memory had state specificly for solo 9500 or 5300. did anyone had this kind of experience?? can i buy it??

No their not all the same. But if you call, most places can tell you if it will fit. Also crucial has a memory selector on their site. IF you use it to order, they guarantee compatibility.

nihili

Back