• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newer Abit users avoid this product.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MmCheeto

Hello there. A wile back I perchased this product. L.I.S 2 Premium auto fan controller . I have used this product before on other computers and it was an awsome pice. Perfect for looking over at your PC and getting temps displayed as well as hundreds of other system and softwear stats. Also a fan controller. Nothing againts the uGuru but this was more for looks than anything. So when I rebuilt my new rig I got anotherone. Little did I know what was gonna happen. When I plugged it up ot had dawned on me that there was no way MBM5 was gonna work on the AW8-Max with the 955x shipset.. New new new ok. So VL systems put support for speedfan on the device.. "Cool" I thought. I loaded Speedfan and to my supprise. No support for this device. Hrmmm. I registerd to the Speedfan Website and Bugsite. I issued a report 4 weeks agoe with no reply. I e-mailed VLsystems 3 weeks agoe with no reply. I submited a Q&A post on the VLsystems site with no reply at almost 3 weeks. I went to Abits forum with no luck. I searched for weeks to find nothing. I asked for something . Pleeded for a lead. A crumb of advice or support from anyone and .... Nothing! OK I can rant on and waste time allday. Anyways

The info I did find is that sence Abit uses uGuru for there mobo they dont feal the need for the most part to offer a whole lot of assistance to the 3rd party companys or people who make apps liek Speedfan. The alternatiev to this you ask? Buy a Guru Clock . Although it does what it claims. It not practical for anyone. First off its a secondary device. It takes up deskspace or wherever you put it. So mounting it clean in the computer is a lost cause unless you are lucky to own a ABIT Fatal1ty AN8 and Fatal1ty AN8 SLi motherboard. Then you can get Guru Panel . This is a nice dohicky but the biggest backdraw is the disply is impossable to see. Its not backlit and non customisable. This is worthless to a gammer less you like playing with all the lights in the house on and your computer better be within a 12 to 16 inches away at eye lvl. Same for the clock. So if you want some flashy device like an LED controller or display device. You better make sure to E-mail them for support on your Abit BEFORE you buy it. Hope this helps someone not waste there money lol . :p

Back