• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5LD2 or ABIT's AW8?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWY

On quite a tight budget for a new setup, so I couldn't pick the P5WD2 Premium board.

Wonder would the Asus P5LD2 do fine, or I should pick the AW8 which is a 955X chipset but quite a bit cheaper than the P5WD2 Premium? The vanilla P5LD2 seems to have only a 3-phase power? And wonder does that affect overclockability? I intend to get either a 640 or 650 chip to pair with the board.

How much does the HyperPath on the P5LD2 boost its performance by? Able to clear 955X standards?

Sorry for asking quite a bit of questions. :eek:

I would go for the abit board I have heard good things about it and unlike the asus board the aw8 is the same as the max version except I think for 2 more SATA plugs. The abit board will also be a little faster and it also has something like hyperpath whitch does very little.

I have a couple of p5ld2's ... i like em better for folding than the p5wd2 p and non p - they seem to run cooler and are a bunch cheaper, but fewer features.

I have 830's on both types of boards and the highest throughput is on the p5ld2 !

No graphics workload here so your mileage may vary depending on what you use it for.

Last edited:
Back