• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Echo_

wow ill never use ups again

i ordered some shirts from threadless with 5-7 day shipping and threadless sent it on the 15th of november. i got the tracking number and it has said this since then

UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.

So i contacted threadless thinking they still have sent it but just got a tracking number for it but they emaled me and told me my order was SHIPPED on the 15th.

So today is the 21st and it is still in the same stage of shipping. I just emailed ups asking what is going on. hopefully it is not lost because those shirts are out of print now :(

Echo_ said:
UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.

This generally means a label has been printed but not actually handed over to UPS, as soon as it scans into a UPS building the tracking should give a location.

e.g.

5:32 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED <<Time they picked up package

8:01 P.M. SHAWNEE, OK, US ORIGIN SCAN << Time package was scanned at first sort facility.

that's not UPS's fault. That's your vendor's fault. They havent given it to UPS yet. All packages are scanned before being picked up at the vendor's shipping dock.

It also could mean the package is moving through the UPS system but for one reason or another has missed a scan at all the locations it has goen though. It's rare but it does happen. Most likely it means the shipper never sent it out though.

David Coleman said:
that's not UPS's fault. That's your vendor's fault. They havent given it to UPS yet. All packages are scanned before being picked up at the vendor's shipping dock.

Not true, UPS doesn't scan any packages here.. We print an 'end of day' and UPS scans that, the first time a package is scanned is when it enters the UPS building.

Waited 8 days for an item from Newegg, was shipped on the 11th, but got the above message, with a delivery date of the 19th. The package sat in a UPS warehouse somewhere until the 15th when it suddenly started to move through their system.
David Coleman said:
Newegg confirmed that the package did indeed ship on the 11th.

Not true, UPS doesn't scan any packages here.. We print an 'end of day' and UPS scans that, the first time a package is scanned is when it enters the UPS building.
When the driver scans the manifest (your end of day) or the package that is called a pickup scan. That is usually the first scan other than an origin scan that happens at the center.

Stool, I don't doubt you that it sat in a center, newegg may have messed up the label somehow and UPS held it until the problem was fixed. It also could have been "lost" in the center until then, if so then you can get your shipping cost back by calling 1-800-742-5877. Either way I would call the number to find out what happen and see if you can get the cost back. Have your tracking and order number ready to help the process.

Last edited:
A little more UPS goodness. An item ordered on the 15th has been sitting in the local warehouse for more than 5 days, because it was shipped ground, and they have it listed for a 11/28 delivery(along with two others that could have been delivered on Friday, that were paid as 3 day shipping). I am getting more and more aggravated with UPS from Newegg.

UPS only delivered next day and second day airs on friday.
It's the holidays. Even UPS workers get a little breather before peak season hits full force for christmas....

Back