• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting problems with my p5ad2-e premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sp1k3

Im having some problems with this board, (p5ad2-e premium). Basically i was at a lan party over the weekend playing games, and i think it froze the entire night 2 times. It would act like the harddrive was reading constantly and would light up the hd light on my case solid for 5 minutes straight before i would hit the power button. And it would be fine after that. So when i go home i figured a format would be able to fix it. But little did i know there was actuallya problem that i believe to be the chipset. But not too sure of the actual culpret. When i formatted i was on the desktop, and i installed all the windows updates and then i installed the chipset drivers for the 925xe chipset. and then after that i would reboot, then i would install the drivers for the video card. But when i would reboot after the install of the ati drivers for my x800 pro, it would said failed to instilize the following program. (CLI.exe, associated with the ati drivers) to terminate this application press ok. The drivers seem to be fine, but when i try to goto the ati control panel it says the same error again, and doesnt even run. So i tried to install windows a number of times again, and the problem continued to appear. And it finally came down to the point where i said screw the error and tried to go about my normal operating ways, and while installing battlefield 2, about half through the first cd the computer did that freezing thing that i mentioned earlier.

At that point i just hit the power button and called it a night with the computer, because i had been trying to fix it all day, and had already formatted 3 times before.

Just wondering what the problem could be. If you have any questions about the rig besides what i had mentioned, the rig that is in my sig is the rig that is giving some problems.

Thanks

which hard drive is it? the raptor or the seagate? I have also had similiar issues where i could not boot up but the ide light would stay lit (blinking) for at least 5-10 min. come to find out it had to do with my memory (i just started tweaking voltages and latencies and it hasn't done it since)

did this start happening at the lan party or before? did you do any overclocking before you went?

Back