• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 Premium Mobo Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CitadelCadet09

OK. I am building a computer and it's almost done. I just need to install windows xp professional on it but everytime I try, i get a blue screen. When installing, it starts ok. I see all the drivers loading on the bottom of the screen, but before it gets to the first screen where it asks you where you want to install windows, a blue screen comes up. The message is "STOP : 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)" I have: ati radeon x800XL, ASUS P5WD2 Premium Mobo, Pentium D 3GHz Processor, 2 x 80 gb wd raptor HD SATA, 2 x 1GB Corsair DDR2-6400. I updated bios to most recent version, I also tried removing the sata drives and used a regular ata and used 2 different cdrom drives all with the same result. Maybe there is something in the bios that I have to change or something like that. Any insight you have on this matter would be appreciated. Also, I looked at Microsoft's solution. I really dont think its software related. And, I installed XP on a hard drive on another comp and put it in this comp and windows wont load. If I push F8, the screen where you can select safe mode comes up, but after that, the blue screen comes up and it restarts. Thanks

put your cd-rom drive on the blue ide port and you should be fine

if you're running the raptors in raid you'll need to get the raid drivers on a floppy, but you won't get a BSOD

WHOOOO!!! Thanks man. Ive been trying to figure that one out for days!!! I really appreciate that.

CitadelCadet09 said:
WHOOOO!!! Thanks man. Ive been trying to figure that one out for days!!! I really appreciate that.

haha, yeah i got stuck on that one for quite a while too. no problem enjoy the board it's a good one :)

Back