• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about shipping optoins and I jsut got robbed $200 from Paypal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CordialSpam

OK I recently sold 2 Opterons 140 to this dude from Italy..he paid so I shipped the CPUs via USPS Air Letter Post (7-9 days to Italy) but delivery confirmation was not avaliable..so I thought it was fine..I've shipped with Air Letter Post CC before and all went smooth..but this guy said he never received the CPUs..and want money back..so paypal GAVE HIM MONEY BACK WTF? I called paypal and coudln't do anything about it..I have the receipt of the shipping stated it was shipped to Italy..with some random numbers..but I'm sure it was not tracking..so yea I'm just sharing this bad experience with you guys. I dont know what else I can do..I guess I just call myself bad luck? got scammed? O well..this dude bought lots of eletnrioc from ebay before and got lots of good feedbacks..so might be post office? I did not buy any insruance..so I dobut I can do anything about it..what do you think??

Also I have a questoin..when you guys are shipping your items..do you always use the USPS-FLAT-RATE box or your own box? What is cheaper? And do you use the "Ship" option on Paypal? I think it allows you to print out the shipping lable yoruself..but I never use that...which is better?

damn dude :(
sorry to hear that, unforunatly you cant do noda as you have no way to prove he got it
sorry for you loss..one reason not to ship xpensive stuff across the world

i myself preffer flatrate boxes! not always cheaper but easy to use..i also have alot of those little casset boxes

Wow, this makes me realize just how lucky I have been. I think I am going to start paying the extra $ to have anything over $50 insured. Sorry to hear this, btu you may have just saved me a future loss and I thank you.

I've received ALOT of stuff from the US, in fact 90% of my rig is from NewEgg and most of the time it takes more then 3-4 weeks for the hardware to arrive.
With all the packages I've received there was only one problem and that was when an envelope with some BGA heatsinks from the classifieds here came ripped and the HS was missing.

shoulda shipped UPS. Their tracking would have shown it being delivered, whereas USPS is nowhere near setup to do that domestically, much less internationally.

David Coleman said:
shoulda shipped UPS. Their tracking would have shown it being delivered, whereas USPS is nowhere near setup to do that domestically, much less internationally.
The key word here is price, UPS would cost him around 20-30$ while USPS didn't go over 10$ but looking back now it would have been worth it :bang head

If what I'm shipping fits in one of the Post Office's boxes, that's what I normally use, if not I use my own boxes. I usually print labels on the USPS website, which gets free Delivery Confirmation.

That receipt you have may allow you to be able to trace the package through the Post Office. It may take some time, but they can be persistent about where mail goes.
It won't cost you anyhting to try, and might strengthen your case with Paypal.

ive been screwed over by paypal too but i had proof that the client got his product

only lost 20.00.usd though

still a loss

THe "Random Letters and Numbers" DO work for USPS Tracking purposes.

All customs forms work for tracking, IIRC. At least, my shipments to Canada worked that way.

Two scenarios probably happened:
  • First is, the item may be held up in customs, call the 800 post office number and explain the situation and see if they can track the numbers on the custom form you filled out.
  • Second, the guy is being dishonest, follow the same advise as above.

I was always under the assumption Paypal would not initially give back the money if you could prove the item was shipped.

CordialSpam said:
Also I have a questoin..when you guys are shipping your items..do you always use the USPS-FLAT-RATE box or your own box? What is cheaper? And do you use the "Ship" option on Paypal? I think it allows you to print out the shipping lable yoruself..but I never use that...which is better?

I sent some cast iron tool stuff to my brother in Vegas, in the mobo sized flat-rate box. The nice lady at the PO, said it should have cost me $25, but ended up costing me $7.70. She could barely lift it, too. (Mary is a very nice PO employee, I get in her line, whenever I can.)

Had I shipped this FedEx or UPS, it would have been about $40.

steve

Back