• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Egg Spam ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlabamaCajun

I was surprised to recieve email from "Melody" titled New Egg.. Your gadget guru. The email address was "Melody <[email protected]>". I found this a little disturbing that newegg would resort to this. Are they trying to loose my $2000 annual purchases? All the links appear to point back to the Egg but I still don't bend to ads. I recieve the weekly just to watch what is going on but when I buy it is because I wanted something. 99.9999999 percent of what I buy is initiated by me, not an ad especially email ads. It's such a big waste of time that they would even do this. Just lower the freaking prices by the amount spend on these stupid ads. And before some one says email is free (NOT), you have to pay to produce it and other expenses.

I don't actually think this has anything to do with Newegg. Sounds more like someone using their name to get you to check out the email content. Might be a good idea to forward it to Newegg tomorrow, and see if its genuine

I just saw that email right before coming on the forums and deleted pronto. I have been getting alot of spam from newegg for the past two months but that's the first without their name in the title. I often get similar emails from office depot that don't have the officedepot.com at the end and disregard them as well but I don't think either is a fishing email. I think they are just normal spam that all companies are doing these days. Kind of like the companies that hire out cold calling for new accounts or charity donations. But just in case I don't click any links though. :D

I take this one further with Thunderbird email by not allowing the pictures to show. This eliminates the pingback from the mail when you open it so that I can view the text and not allow them to know it was opened. I have a button that I can click when the email is legit allowing me to see the pics at my command.
I think I will forward this to the Egg but for now I opted out of ads since I only shop on demand.

Back