• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about a pump: Mag 36

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've never seen someone use a pump like that, the biggest mag I've seen used is the mag5. Chances are the 36 pump will add more heat to the loop than worth it, so pass imo.

that looks like one massive pump, but I gotta agree with everyone here that using it in a watercooling setup would be way too much.

also aidenswarrior, you need to use [,]'s not (,)'s (brackets not parentheses) for your signature to format the text.

I would COMPLETELY use that vinyl braided hose, with a thick thick wall to boot. If not go completely hardline. That's alot of pressure to put through 1/2" ID.

wannaoc said:
I've never seen someone use a pump like that, the biggest mag I've seen used is the mag5. Chances are the 36 pump will add more heat to the loop than worth it, so pass imo.

Yeah definately. The link in the auction quotes 360 watts. Assuming that's consumed and ~50% goes into the water thats 180 watts of heat into your water. So it might be good IF you didn't have to pay for the electric bill to run that and like 4 large TEC's in line to cool the water.

As a side note I've used a mag7 before with average temps (about 2-3 years ago though).

Back