• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mag 3 or Eheim 1048?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crispy

I Can find a Mag 3 for $40 w/o S&H and I have found a Eheim 1048 for $35 w/S&H. Which is the Nicer pump? Thanks

lol...And how much is it? I'll look and see If I can find. Thanks
LMAO...Ummmmm No.

You shouldn't be seeing multiple brands for the Mag3 - they should all be made by Danner. A Mag 3 is a mag 3.

My recommendation depends on your situation. The Mag3 is going to be louder than an Eheim, and Eheim has an amazing reputation. The Mag3 should perform a little better though. What does your loop look like? What block are you using? How quiet is your rig?

Well it's just going to be a CPU waterblock and I'll probably run Pump/Radiator/Waterblock. Noise doesn't bother me.
I was looking at THIS $34 I like the Price
And THIS one, $49.99, more than I want to spend on Waterblock, but was told this was one too get. Will the $16 be worth the extra performance?
And as for Radiator I was thinking of a Black Ice Pro II or Micro Pro II.
Also is there anyone that knows where to get a Cheap Mag 3? The cheapest I can find is $40. Thanks for help

if it a high flow system run a mag3
low flow systems Eheim 1048 or any Eheim pump
im a low flow guy so i only run Eheim pumps

it depends on what you looking for.

Is there a difference between a High Flow system and a Low flow system? I basically just want the cheap good pump that works. It's all gonna be in a Mid-Tower. Or pump outside if I don't like the way it fits. Thanks

high flow is 1/2in lines or larger. a strong pump with good power. few fittings and less restrictive water blocks.

low flow- 6 to 10 mm lines- restrictive water blocks with small ports 1/8 or 1/4- low power pumps.

the link in my sig is to my build up to my low flow system. my friends call it the mid flow machine due to the 3/8 line but to me its low flow. as far as pros and cons between the two..... every one has an opinion... i have no problems matching temps with other machines.

I would definitely go with the eheim. There are stories if eheims lasting for decades in aquariums, where the enviroment is much harsher. I have never heard of an eheim failing. Never. If someone has let me know. I also vote for low flow systems, but either way the system can be made effective.

Back