• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comp USA Sucked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silent bob

Team 32 Folding Ghetto Hanging PC Senior
I got there at 9pm ( 5th one in line) got the 800xl box/slip for 199 AR got all the way through the line and they were SOLD OUT!!!! I went straight for them , everyone else got hooked by the 19.99 160 internal HD ( I snagged one)so I was the first one to get my grubby little paws on it , SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN THIS BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so ****ed , the only reason I braved 3 hours of 12F weather with a 10mile /hr winds so actually felt like 2 F brrrrrr but I didnt find out til I was at the register , the chick told me to get in line 3 to pay for the card , and yes she worked there, she wasnt a customer . I am really upset so I bought This and This to make up for it :attn: :attn: :attn:

dude. i got there at 11pm and there was a line a block long.. i said screw it. im not ever gunna deal with black friday ever again.. there were people driving up in BMWs, hummers, and porsches just to save $30 on a hard drive or $25 on a videocard? are you kidding me? black friday sucks

I just got back from CompUSA and I was very pleased. I got there almost exactly 1 hour before they opened, and I was maybe #20 in line. By the time they opened there were maybe 1000 people in line! It stretched way out of sight. I rushed to the wireless adaptors and grabbed 5 of the $3 (they had tons of em, I coulndt find the PCMCIA one but luckly I scoped it out before and knew they keep them with laptops), then grabbed a 264 CD case and headed for checkout. It turned out I had grabbed a CD case that wasnt on sale, they coulnt find it so just rang it up as final price. (Yay no rebates!) I pulled out of the parking lot only 50 min from opening.

There was a lot more stuff I'd have liked to have but my budget wasnt big enough. Hopefully I can hit staples just before I go to work and grap a cheap SD card.

it starts at midnight. i went to 2 compusa's and they were closed already. like the store moved out closed shut down completely. i gave up and went home. was like wow dude, they just closed these down. wtf!

i just thought to myself. what would stop me from just waiting beside the door and rush in when its open? why do i have to wait in line like a retard. its not against the law to not wait in line and to just rush in. sure, people would get ****ed off and try to punch my face in (black friday people are seriously crazy) but i think it would be worth it in the end. Why do i have to follow their stupid line rule? i could be a jerk and no one could stop me. Awesome! thats what i will do tomarrow, i will let you know how it goes

Well they don't have compusa where I'm at, but I'm waiting outside a Best Buy right now. Wifi rocks...

You don't have to wait in line for BF. Just buy the items you want a few days before BF and then go to the store before the sale ends to have the price adjusted/collect rebates.

I wish I woulda got to mine a little earlier. I just got some small stuff, missed out on some great deals though.

I got:
3 X 30pack Memorex printable cd-r for $3 each ($9 Total) no rebates
1 X 50pack Memorex Printable dvd-r for $15 each no rebates

I MISSED THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME THOUGH, GRRR. They were supposed to have an Apex dvd player for $15 and I guess they never got them in stock so....they were giving away the $70 Phillips dvd players for $15 FLAT no rebates.

You mean you guys didn't have fun watching people fight over stuff? It was hilarious, mom's fighting for a crappy little flash drive. We showed up around 11:15 and the line was already 300 people long. And they didn't even limit how many people could come in the store, it was just cram em all in. Then the hard drives were only available at the register. Oh well, i got my monitor and my hard drive, now I'm off to bed. Good luck to the rest of you black friday warriors!

Oh yeah, my girlfriend was going to get the $99 computer from Office Depot, what a rip off, you have to order it in-store, then pay an extra 100 for shipping. Lame.

I was second in line at the CompUSA near me. I was gunning for the 200gb and 160gb internal hard drives, but they had NONE of the 160s in stock. Instead they stocked 160 PATA (instead of SATA) drives under the sale sign and tricked everybody. Fortunately I caught it when they rang me up.

It made me sad, because that would have been an awsome deal.

I was at Wal-Mart with my wife and mother-in-law. A very large man stepped in front of them in line to check out (I was off to the side talking to an emplyee/former coworker). My wife told the guy to get out of line. He said "How you gonna tell me what line I'm in?" M.I.L "You weren't here". Large black man "I am now".
At this point I got involved. I walked up behind the guy to take in the situation. (Understand that my wife and MIL together weigh about 150). He told them to "Move me". Mom smiled and nodded my way. The dude turns around and like sprints for the other end of the store. People started cheering. It was hilarious. He's probably better off that he ran from me, 'cuz the 2 women would've actually beat him down.

NEVER again will I go out on BF. At this same store, women were fistfighting over Cabbage Patch dolls (history repeats itself). I couldn't even eat anywhere. Fuggin McDonald's had an estimated 1 hour wait.

Kil4Thril said:
I walked up behind the guy to take in the situation. (Understand that my wife and MIL together weigh about 150). He told them to "Move me". Mom smiled and nodded my way. The dude turns around and like sprints for the other end of the store. People started cheering. It was hilarious. He's probably better off that he ran from me, 'cuz the 2 women would've actually beat him down.

Dang! How big of a guy are you to scare off a big black guy like that?

I felt like a total tool. I got there at 12pm when they were just letting people in and snagged some 16x DVD's for $8 a pop. Then I waited in line for like 2 hours to pay. It almost wasn't worth the sale price.

I felt like the whole thing was just a bait-and-switch. Nothing was labeled right, as usual I suppose, and they only had like 1 of everythining in stock. It was pretty sad. Then I came home and bought a new dvd burner for $40 shipped on Newegg. That made up for it somehow :).

I didn't go to BF Deals for a few reasons:

1. My gf slept over (mmmm)
2. I like sleep
3. If I went, I would have maxed out my credit card (BAD!)
4. Do I even need anything else? NO!
5. NewEgg had a black 19" Acer LCD for $175 shipped after $80MIR. Now that's a better deal to sit on my ***, although I still didn't buy it!

Ri0 said:
You don't have to wait in line for BF. Just buy the items you want a few days before BF and then go to the store before the sale ends to have the price adjusted/collect rebates.

I asked a storemanager that a week before and he told me black friday deals are only available that day and there is no pricematching. :-/

LOL I went the to the CompUSA in NYC, since I had to work that day anyway. LOL it was crowded but since most people wont go into NYC just to go to CompUSA it was not so bad. I really could have spent a fortune. As it was I got the last Seagate HD for $19.99 and a Logitech Wireless KB/mouse for $29.99. When I was there they had just about everything except the SATA drive on sale. Could have bought the $199 17"LCD or just about anything but not mutch I needed or wanted to spend the $$$on

Back