• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling general question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aao_pwner

Hey,

I'm new to water cooling, I baught the Thermaltake Rocket and it only has a CPU attachment. I am getting 2 graphics cards on SLI and i wanna liquid cool both, Do the four ports comming from the back of the pump, pump cold water through all ports? Or... Can someone draw me a diagram. I just need to know where the water comes from, direction, and wether its hot or cold, and for my 2 graphics cards.

I have the TT rocket (thermaltake rocket)

ok, i have a diagram

asdf7lb.png

There are four ports coming out of the pump? I've never seen one like that but regardless you should run the water through the rocket then to the blocks. That way you get the coolest water to the blocks.

wannaoc said:
but regardless you should run the water through the rocket then to the blocks. That way you get the coolest water to the blocks.
Arguable point. The water temp seems to change little throughout the loop, using the configuration that requires the least amount of tubing would be a better suggestion, IMO.

im not going to OC, where can i get a new pump, and my cards are nVidia e-GeForce 6800GS...

internalView_11.jpg

are 2 on that pumping out cool water and 2 recieving? Because i was wondering why it had the PCI thing that had holes in it to run tubes through and why it had like 4 holes if there are only going to be 2 tubes comming out and the big fanless "radiator" had only like one input place for the used water.

Back