• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC finished- performing 24 hr leak-check now. (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DragonTattooz

Well, here it is. So far no leaks, but as of this writing it's only been running for about an hour. Obviously I still have a lot of work until the computer itself is up and running, but I thought I would get the WC loop finished before connecting all of the devices, just in case I run into a problem.

Attachments

• IMGA0091 (Small).JPG
    IMGA0091 (Small).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMGA0092 (Small).JPG
    IMGA0092 (Small).JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMGA0093 (Small).JPG
    IMGA0093 (Small).JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMGA0094 (Small).JPG
    IMGA0094 (Small).JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMGA0095 (Small).JPG
    IMGA0095 (Small).JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 48
I guess I have to use the tag to show the pics in the thread?
[IMG]http://gallery.image4free.com/albums/userpics/10673/IMGA0094%20%28Small%29.JPG
IMGA0093%20%28Small%29.JPG

IMGA0092%20%28Small%29.JPG

IMGA0091%20%28Small%29.JPG

IMGA0095%20%28Small%29.JPG

On a side note...I don't see how anybody could complain about noise from this MCP655 pump. I can only hear it if I put my ear right next to the pump. Even then it's just a very, very quiet hum.

It has a slight high pitched squeel Both of mine do. Even when sandwiched and surrounded in egg crate foam, I can still hear it. Maybe I'm just oversensitive to those frequencies.

Can you get some shots with better lighting? It's hard to see what's going on.

From what i can see that looks pretty good. what setting do you have the pump on? that could make a difference with noise (or also like mentioned some people are going to be more sensative to it than others).

pwnt by pat said:
both are on 5 because as I was setting them up, the dial on one broke in the 5 position ;)
lol nice. tho you probably won't need to change it to anything else anyways

5|*42 said:
From what i can see that looks pretty good. what setting do you have the pump on? that could make a difference with noise (or also like mentioned some people are going to be more sensative to it than others).

Mine is set on #5.

I'm just taking a quick break from installing new ceiling fans right now- gotta please the wifey since I spent all this $$$$ on the new computer. ;) I'll take some pics with better lighting when I'm done. Using a camcorder for taking pics is not the ideal setup. :eh?:

Something else just occurred to me...I have my other rig running with the 1,000,000,000 dB CPU fan :rolleyes: , so that may be masking any pump noise in the new rig.

haha yeah. The loudest noise in my comptuer is the two 120mm adda fans that come stock with the pc-7b plus on 7v. I can't hear my computer, except the pumps during "sensitive hours", over my ceiling fan on "low" (high, low, off)

DragonTattooz said:
I have my other rig running with the 1,000,000,000 dB CPU fan :rolleyes:
*lol* Dude, that made me laugh, a billion dB would probably destroy the universe or something equally cataclysmic, no wonder you can't hear the pump :D

Looks good. And how many RPMs and CFM does that billion decibal fan put out? We could make a movie about it called "Billion Decibal Fans" :p

5|*42 said:
Looks good. And how many RPMs and CFM does that billion decibal fan put out? We could make a movie about it called "Billion Decibal Fans" :p

I don't know, but this thing is so loud that it drives me nuts. It's a Thermaltake CPU fan for a P4- I bought it about 2 1/2 years ago, so I can't remember what the model it is. It has a fan speed control, but if I turn it down any more than it is right now, the CPU gets too hot. Oh, that reminds me about something for a new thread...

Sweet setup man, I have the 75B Lian-Li case as well with a Thermochill 120.3 in it too. I was wondering, what are those 2 things you have at the very top of your 5.25 bay? are those cd-roms?

hung said:
Sweet setup man, I have the 75B Lian-Li case as well with a Thermochill 120.3 in it too. I was wondering, what are those 2 things you have at the very top of your 5.25 bay? are those cd-roms?

thats a 5.25 bay Resovoir

hung said:

Those are my Raptor hard drives. They came with adapters to fit them in the 5.25" bays and the adapters have those grills to facilitate airflow over the drives. My DVD drives are on the bottom behind the bezels.

Aidenswarrior said:
thats a 5.25 bay Resovoir

The only reservoir I am using is the MicroRes that you can see in the pics.

Back