• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

non-plastic "Tees"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kil4Thril

Where can I find T-fittings that are brass/bronze/copper/or chromed? I've had no luck so far, and the mod I'm doing requires it (well, actually the owner requires it :rolleyes: ).

Go look in an auto junkyard.
No, really, I'm serious.
It's amazing the cool little hardware bits you can find.
The metal t-fitting I used to have came from the heaterline loop in a Nissan.

It might take some time (and you will get dirty), but there are treasures to be found.
Pay no attention to what the part is used for, just look at what it is and the possibilities are endless.

If you have a local mom and pop hardware store they will carry it, and it will also be cheaper than the Lowes/Home Deopot version.

Plumming store as said above will be alot cheaper than Lowes or Home Depot, but may not have the selection.

McMaster has them also, in brass, and in plastic, but you have to buy in bulk lots of 25 er something.

if you have a torch you could build your own out of copper pipe really easily, otherwise you could probably get one at the autoparts store or in the copper plumbing fittings section of your hardware store.

Huh, I've been to Lowe's, and I work at Home Depot, and the only T's at either place have been Nylon- barbed, or plug-n-cool type. I guess if the local auto places have nothing tomorrow, I'll bust out the torch and get more creative.

Kil4Thril said:
Huh, I've been to Lowe's, and I work at Home Depot, and the only T's at either place have been Nylon- barbed, or plug-n-cool type. I guess if the local auto places have nothing tomorrow, I'll bust out the torch and get more creative.

did you check the plumbing section? i know at my lowes, there is like a pvc section and then there is a brass/copper section.

Last edited:
Kil4Thril said:

That's weird. Around me, I haven't been able to find the plastic ones for the life of me.

Back