• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock just wont give in...need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H4Z4RD0US

I am trying to set up my watercooling rig, and I keep running leaktests..and the tubing area of my waterblock (swiftech storm) ALWAYS leaks no matter what I tried, I pushed the tubing all the way down, and clamped it tight. a bit of water just keeps managing to seep through the bottom of the tubing, can anyone help me out! I am trying to get this up and running. or I am just going to get myself a scythe ninja. :bang head

tygon 1/2 inch tubing, and worm drive clamps or whatever, they are metal with a screw

Are you sure you have the correct size fitting for the tubing? For example, if you have a 3/8" OD fitting with 1/2" ID tubing, the tubing will "wrinkle" when you clamp it down and it will leak.

Barring that, are you positive that the leak is coming from the tubing/fitting and not from where the fitting screws into the waterblock? Did you use the o-ring that comes with the fittings?

wait a sec..O ring? whats that! the fittings I just screwed in, and it was a good fit. I tried double clamping it..but it stil isnt working

H4Z4RD0US said:
tygon 1/2 inch tubing, and worm drive clamps or whatever, they are metal with a screw
I just got a Storm also. Due to the nature of the barbed fittings, clamps would have a tough time reducing leaks around the barb unless they were positioned over the barb itself (not necessarily a great idea). I suspect what you have is o-ring leakage. I cinched mine down pretty tight (hopefully not too tight). I use 7/16 Masterkleer (sp?) tubing and had no leaks even without clamps.

I think it is from the fitting actuallly..I saw a little bit of bubbles seeping out from it..I dont beleive I have an O ring though..Let me go find one

H4Z4RD0US said:
wait a sec..O ring? whats that! the fittings I just screwed in, and it was a good fit. I tried double clamping it..but it stil isnt working

Sounds like you found the problem. ;) My Storm WB came with 3/8" and 1/2" fittings, so make sure you have the correct fitting for your tubing as well. If you don't have the o-rings for some reason, you should be able to get the correct size at your local hardware store.

I actually need to go purchase O rings. So my local hardware store like home depot should carry them? got it

omaticrail said:
I just got a Storm also. Due to the nature of the barbed fittings, clamps would have a tough time reducing leaks around the barb unless they were positioned over the barb itself (not necessarily a great idea). I suspect what you have is o-ring leakage. I cinched mine down pretty tight (hopefully not too tight). I use 7/16 Masterkleer (sp?) tubing and had no leaks even without clamps.

get some 7/16 tubing also if you want to it makes a nice tight seal for extra protection and aslo from what i understand the inside of it is the same size as the inside of the barbs

i think you can get it for .59 cents a foot at jabtec

I cant find the O rings that came with the storm anymore , although im having a strange prob now... my pump is HOT AS HELL (Iwaki Md20RZT pump) I couldnt even pick it up. and I felt the tubing and it seemed strangely warm

Back