• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Placing radiator on the side of a case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wall7486

Registered
Is that a viable option? I have a side panel on my case and it's just much easier for me to place a radiator there. However, I'm wondering will it hurt performance in any way?

All that matters in this case is that the rad gets fresh air of adaqate volume. If you just throw the rad in there and let air circulate whichever way it will, then temps will suffer.

If you got the room to do so go for it, I did. I didn't want the radiator for mine on the outside so it was the only option for me. I got it on the lower front corner of the mother board side blowing air into the case. Its my main intake for cool air into my computer. I rigged up an air filter to keep dust out. I'm pretty happy with the results.

remember you will be looking at a good 9 cm of space needed just for mounting not to mention you need much more for the fans to work properly

bri1 said:
remember you will be looking at a good 9 cm of space needed just for mounting not to mention you need much more for the fans to work properly

Much more for the fans as in higher CFM?

thorilan said:
i have mounted several rads on the door and in fact my 2 newest designs are of the same ilk

Do you have any pics? Would be great to get some inspiration from it. :)

Back