• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Ice XtremeIII Examples? Links?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RDWest2005

Hey guys,
I've been trying to find links of cases with Black Ice XtremeIII radiator

i'm about to switch over to it and i would like some examples of mounting it

anyone know any pictures of this?

tx
~RD

CM Stacker. are you searching for a case that the BIXIII fits in? or are you just looking for examples of how to mount it in your case? Many people dremel out the top of their case and put the rad their. But with the CM Stacker, it just sits right in front. Some cut out the bottom of their case and raise their case on elevated feet so there is good airflow. There are many ways to mod a case to fit radiators. It depends on the case and the radiator of course. Some cases just cannot fit the larger rads.

Tx guys,
I was just wanting to see examples of different mounts with this rad.

Great examples.
I'm thinking now I would like mine horz along right side cover.
With like 2" legs in a rectangular aluminum guide it rest in maybe

I can get the angle aluminum at lowes real cheap

tx,
~RD

I plan on mounting mine up in the front of my case, i moved my drives so they're facing upward out the top panel. then that leaves room for the rad and a small LCD on the front. there'll be 3 120mm fans on front, and my delta counter rotating will probably be on bottom or in middle. i thought about sandwitching the rad but not sure if it will be worth it. then ill have the pump connect to the rad and a T line on the other side with the rad's hoses at bottom. then from there to CPU block.

Happy13178 said:
I mounted mine on the back of my case with a radbox, and ran the tubing through a hole to it. the radbox is connected to case, which is connected to fan, which is connected to rad.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=421081
Hey Happy, nice rig! . . .

Just out of curiousity, why didn't you mount the rad so that the barbs are at the bottom of the case and put them through a PCI slot? I think that might take less tubing.

get a stacker its the eziest anything else will take some level of custom work

but than again you might be on a budget like me but seeing your getting a bix3 you are not quite as limited as me

OperativeSix said:
Mounted mine to the ceiling of my case, although it blocks the top PCI slots.

Same here, and same here, in a Lian Li PCV-2100 case.

Back