• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much higher could you overclock your video card on water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much higher could you overclock your video card on water?

• Less than 50MHz more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 601-800MHz more

• 801-1000MHz more

• 1001MHz-1200MHz more

• Over 1200MHz more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Revivalist

Ok, this will work just like the CPU poll, only for your video card if you have it water-cooled.

Remember: The choices refer to the difference between highest on air and highest on water.
No additional overclock
Less than 20MHz more
20-40MHz more
41-60MHz more
61-80MHz more
81-100MHz more
101-120MHz more
Over 120MHz more

In order to make this poll the most helpful, let's only report what is “stable” (passes any test repeatedly: SuperPi 32M, occt, all 3DMarks, etc.) and also does not cause any visible artifacts.

Since most of our specs are already in our sig, we can also report the following:

Highest “stable” overclock on air
Video: 540MHz GPU, 1050MHz video RAM (GPU voltage: 1.45V)
-- Equipment: Stock heatsink

Highest “stable” overclock on water
Video: 610MHz GPU, 1300MHz video RAM (GPU voltage: 1.78V)
-- Equipment: Maze4, BIX III, MCP655 pump, 1/2" tubing

Last edited:
Redo! OC a card by a gig? Can't wait for those days...

I have nothing else to contribute. The first thing I do nowadays when I get a vid card is to take the heatsinks off. I'll delete this post in a little while.

Can normal users post polls now?

Xymurgy said:
Redo! OC a card by a gig? Can't wait for those days...

I have nothing else to contribute. The first thing I do nowadays when I get a vid card is to take the heatsinks off. I'll delete this post in a little while.

Can normal users post polls now?
Wait! . . .

I asked Krag if he could fix those options. They were accidentally taken from the thread "Poll: How much higher could you overclock your CPU on water?" . . . I sent him a pm but I don't know if he got it.

So I take it for now people are voting for the options in the first post in the same slots at the poll... so Aidenswarrior really didn't OC 400-600mhz extra on the GPU.

Back