• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FluidXP+...help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JenBell

Hello People,

Ok so I want to get FluidXP+ and use it instead of water but do I need to add extra stuff to it. I know u do if ur using normal water, etc but this one is slightly different...I can have a leak and not kiss good bye to all my kit.

Thanks!

it is a waste of money. If you build your system well enough, you shouldnt have to worry about leaks.
Distilled water, anti freeze, and iodine is my recommendation. Fluid XP gains conductivity failry fast, but gives you a couple more seconds to get your system shut down. If you are away from your comp, and it leaks, then you are just as screwed as if you used the distilled water solution.

90% distilled water, 10% antifreeze, a couple drops of iodine.

distilled water= $1 for gallon jug
Antifreeze= $7 for a big *** thing of it
iodine= $3

that is $11 and should last for many fills of your system.

your choice though.

I used FluidXP in my setup right before I took it apart for a remodel and while I don't agree it gains conductivity after time it is a waste of money. Like almost all additives we use it puts a white film on everything but it seemed it was thicker than with Zerex Super Coolant and it doesn't sit well. In the top of my T-line I had a very thick layer of white stuff and it also seemed to have white particals floating around in it that if I didn't know better looked like a growth of some sort. I would stick with a mix like Super Coolant and Distilled water, it has worked for me in the past fine.

Back