• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I don't get this pricing? 12 Megapixels for $100-$200? No?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

postaldudeleo

Why do some 12 Megapixel camcorders (4000x3000 res) cost less then a 4 MP camera while another 6 MP camcorder costs 3000 (Sony HDR). I go to ebay and most if not all camcorders are in the $100 range. Same with digital cameras.

I just don't understand how people can sell this stuff so cheap and the things are new in box. Is there something that I'm missing here or is this serious?

Anybody bought any of these things and can tell from experiance?

postaldudeleo said:
Why do some 12 Megapixel camcorders (4000x3000 res) cost less then a 4 MP camera while another 6 MP camcorder costs 3000 (Sony HDR). I go to ebay and most if not all camcorders are in the $100 range. Same with digital cameras.

I just don't understand how people can sell this stuff so cheap and the things are new in box. Is there something that I'm missing here or is this serious?

Anybody bought any of these things and can tell from experiance?

Usually these cheap 12 megapixel cameras don't have an optical zoom and instead have a crappy digital zoom.

So you want to know the differnce between and Optical vs digital zoom? Click Here

Thanks,

But in the distance a 12 MP camcorder has better resolution anyhow and you can ussually buy optics to use manual optical zoom.

Is it actually worth it to buy a camcorder with 12 MP for such a price or should I rather stick to my 4 MP 10x optics Fujifilm cam for making high quality video?

Back