• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting Into Water Cooling, Help me with my setup :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nathan0490

Conroe Hoe
Well since im practically totally rebuilding my computer in getting a opteron 148, & asus a8n32-sli deluxe mobo. I finally decided to do water cooling. Yesterday I spoke with d94 who was kind enough to speak with me for hours, also i spoke with Aphex Tom, thanks to him as well!! Anyways D94 sold me his Swiftech 6002 cpu block, and a nice rad that is a single 120mm radiator. Now I am beginning to plan what other parts I am getting for this and how the layout will be in my case. For other parts I plan to buy please see my sig after "Cooling:"

Layout Diagram(Initial Rough Draft):

watercoolingsetuplayout9or.jpg

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, including any reccomendations on a change to the initial layout, parts used, tips, etc.

Thanks,
Nathan

Looks good to me. I would probably just rotate the pump 90 degrees counter-clockwise so the tubing doesn't have to bend in or out of the pump. . . Also, I see an intake case fan but I don't see a fan on the rad. Did you just not draw it?

You should give the rad fresh air. Making air that has been heated in your case flow through the rad unecessarily adds to your water temp and your cpu/gpu temps. Put the rad next to your intake fan if you can or find some other way of supplying fresh cool air..

Back