• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DickH

Aside from those large ugly hose clamps and zip ties, what else is good for securing tubing? I used copper wire, and it worked fine, but im out of copper wire and I would like to know what my best options are. The thing is, I have very little space and cant get away with using something large, if copper wire is my best option then I will go buy some more, but if something else is better, I would love to know what it is.

Try searching for 'hose clamp' on mcmaster site - I browsed through just a few pages (around pg 218-220) and they have typical stuff and some other clamps. There are some nylon snap-together clamps in there too, not sure how well they work though.

If you're really cramped for space I would think zip ties are one of the better ideas.

DickH said:
Aside from those large ugly hose clamps and zip ties, what else is good for securing tubing? I used copper wire, and it worked fine, but im out of copper wire and I would like to know what my best options are. The thing is, I have very little space and cant get away with using something large, if copper wire is my best option then I will go buy some more, but if something else is better, I would love to know what it is.

large ugly hose clamps? i have metal ones and they are pretty damn small and work just fine.

Back