• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

going to try watercooling..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ankun

I have 2 questions. My main one being:

Is Swiftec's MCW-6002 waterblock a good A64 x2 block for its fairly low price? (I believe it is something like $33 at jab-tech.)

Second one being.. about my pump. It is a pond pump (Laguna 'Statuary 3') 384 GPH w/ 5' 10" max head. Should I consider using this in my loop? It should be apparent, based on my block choice that i'm in this for the cheap at the moment.. so not having to buy a different pump as a plus should be accounted for.

Anyone willing to answer either of this questions would be well-appreciated. Alternative suggestions for a block would be appreciated as well.. I'd prefer to keep the block under $40 shipped for sure though.

yeh I had noticed that earlier today.. I was thinking about trying the apogee out too.. thing is I dont know if the offer will be around by the time I order (well.. GF actually) she cant think of something to buy me for christmas so shes going to get me on my way to watercooling.

Anyway.. the pump. I figured it would do fine but it seems that the bugger leaks :p I tested it out between making my last post and now to find VERY quickly that it has quite a bit of a leak (around where the fitting for the intake goes.. coming from the shaft of the pump, not the tubing.. so I know its the pump)

Guess I'll be buyin a pump too.. And keep this one in case I feel like making a waterfall or something this spring :)

edit: I'll probably go with a D5, since it seems most DC pumps will set me back about $75 reguardless of what I get.

Btw you were correct about only cooling the CPU.

Last edited:
The 6002 is a very fine block, and will do you well.

If you want to save some money, and are willing to route a cord outside of your case, I would recommend a AC pump, particularly the Danner Mag 3, which can be found for less than $50 and will work very well with a low restriction block like the 6002 or apogee.

Welcome to the forums!

Back