• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Paypal issue...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wandl

To add to the whole Xbox 360 fiasco...

A friend of mine legitimately has a wholesaler contact who can secure 50 Xbox 360 units by the 15th. So, putting two heads together as one, I decide to place a listing on Ebay with my Ebay/Payal address [email protected] for 50 Pre-order Xbox 360 Premium's for whatever price....

I accept Paypal, I've been with Paypal for about 2 years but I'm not a business, so I've been receiving maybe $1,000 a month in terms of transaction traffic. The Ebay auction pre-sold all 50 units in less than 24 hours, and at $450/piece, about 20 bidders paid via Paypal meaning over $10,000 (after shipping) in less than 6 hours.

Paypal immediately suspended my account for "unusual traffic" (understandable) BUT Ebay goes and suspends my account, linking me to a "[email protected]" that never paid his/her seller account 3-4 years ago...

Ebay has yet to get back to me on how to reinstate my account, Paypal says they want me to fax/mail/email over my driver's license, social security card, proof of residence bill, wholesale invoice AND proof of shipping to the 20 bidders that I've shipped their items. I cannot provide proof until item is in my hands, cannot ship until the 15th of December....

To top it all off, suddenly the bidders get fraud fever, start filing complaints unjustifiably and I will have 50 Xbox 360's by the 15th that I won't have buyers for!

I know its complicated, but I checked with Ebay's pre-order auction policy and followed it to the T (stating I will ship within 30 days of auction close). I have promptly refunded everyone who has paid me via Paypal, but Paypal nor Ebay is giving me a reasonable method of resolution to reinstate my account..

Thoughts?

ah I did have a few hundred dollars from previous transactions on there, but yes I don't have thousands of dollars tied in there...what I've done is already refunded the full amount to everyone of my bidders...

Ebay though is charging me for the closed auctions still..lol...wondering if its worth it..

damn man egay is plain retarted
sorry they pulled that crap on you :(

hehe I don't know if SSS will let me post a pre-order for one of the hottest items on the market for Xmas right now...

ebay tried that same crap on me (charing me for auctions even after suspending my account) i just let my bank block ebay from charging me. i gave ebay a number they can reach me at to discuss it, they still havnt called.

I've emailed Paypal and Ebay explaining the situation, faxing and emailing ALL the necessary documentation and pictures of the wholesale invoice, number to the distributor, my number, my shoe size....everything..no go..

Back