• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I went away for a week with the PC left on. umm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lee_Kay

I got north and asked about the pc make sure my wife turned it off. No was the responce. :eek: I had visions of a dead pc at best. I opened the door :cry: first thing I saw was my cat had ripped up the carpet. :mad: :mad:

But my pc was awesome. still running no less water. yippee.

Lol, very, very nice. I was expecting to see some horror story or something of that nature.

-GearShift3r

Nice story......it had a rise of suspence, a breif pause to make you wonder what could have gone wrong, and then a comical ending.

:D

one of our cats used to chew up carpet near the door when we put him in a room, so we put cyan pepper on the carpet...and found out he likes it. (we would've tried repel but he likes that too).

5|*42 said:
one of our cats used to chew up carpet near the door when we put him in a room, so we put cyan pepper on the carpet...and found out he likes it. (we would've tried repel but he likes that too).

See if it likes a dog. ;)

LOL you left the cat alone for a week? Supprised he didn't tear up the whole house. I know mine would.

I thought his wife was home. But whenever we leave our cats away for a while, the fat one (that likes cyan/repel) eats a lot and the other one probably just sleeps in a corner. It pays to have lazy cats :)

I would never leave my cat and dog at my house and just leave for a week without having someone to come feed them and check up, kinda seems messed up :(

Nathan0490 said:
I would never leave my cat and dog at my house and just leave for a week without having someone to come feed them and check up, kinda seems messed up :(

You can get feeders and auto-scooping litter boxes to make sure they have food and water. I still have someone check on our cats when we are gone if possible, but I feel pretty comfortable that they will be ok if none of the people I trust are able to do it. After all, my cats just eat, sleep and crap anyways. It isn't like they are throwing parties and having friends over. :)

5|*42 said:
that's funny :D now you have to try red pepper and see if it likes THAT

5|*42 said:
I bet he won't like thermal paste.

what kind of cats do you guys own? I've never heard of a cat that liked repel and cayan pepper. Maybe you should use reverse psycology and put catnip all over the carpet. I'll bet it would gag him.

If I did not feel confident enough that my watercooling would work fine for just a week away with it unattended, I think I would keep working on my system to get it to the point that I was confident. I am more concerned about keeping spyware/adware, rootkits, etc. off of my computer than I am about a leak. I completely replumbed my house a few years ago and it is still leak free much less my PC.

BJB said:
After all, my cats just eat, sleep and crap anyways. It isn't like they are throwing parties and having friends over. :)

Next thing you know they are cracking out the catnip mice and drinking milk till they puke. :beer: Ignorance is bliss my friend ;)

Back