• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

storm and mct-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tat2monsta

just ordered a storm block. but im currently useing mct-5 coolant. i just noticed on the swiffy site that it says dont use coloured coolant coz it can block up.. anyone used this coolant and had probs? would i be ok to just clean it out every say 2 months? im still new to wc and am still bit scared to use distilled water. thanks in advance

particle based dyes WILL clog the jets, just how long it takes is the question.
I highly suggest that you do a complete flush and use new water whenever changing any part in the loop, so in that respect you are really not using any particle dye. ;)
If you insist on colored liguid try antifreeze with the color of your choice. If you insist on UV reactivity, a sure safe-bet would be HydriX made be swiftech, although it comes only in Green.

hmmm. yeah the mct-5 is green straight from the bottle.. im just scared about useing water lol.. if i do use water i wont bother useing dye anyway.

Use distilled water and bleed for a bit, and you'll be fine. Out of curiosity, how long have you been running water so far?

5|*42 said:
Use distilled water and bleed for a bit, and you'll be fine. Out of curiosity, how long have you been running water so far?

as in water? never used water allways been some ready mixed non conductive junk

as in water? i been water cooled only a couple months now.. but ive not leaked yet and ive always got my rig in bits..... im a fiddler

Back