• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would overvolting a mcp655 help flow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Revivalist

I was thinking about getting a 520W OCZ Powerstream and I noticed in the documentation that the +12V rails can be increase up to 13.2V.

Could the pump be overvolted that way and if so, could it make it perform better? I realize that this would dump more heat into the loop as well, but would the increased flow make up for it?

(Forgive me if this is a total "noob of noobs" question. :D )

i wouldent do it sounds risky i mean the pumps meant for 12 v and i dont think 13.2v will make a huge difference but if it breaks then ohh whell and im sure it wont add enough to make any difference iven if the temperature dident change

well, if you overvolt the 12v line, then you're overvolting every single device in your machine that draws power from the 12v line, which is probably not the safest thing in the world to do unless you like killing hardware

and cathar, when the MCP-655 first came out, did tests on it, and overvolting shows almost no performance increase from the normal 12v it runs at - even at 24v, there was almost no noticable performance increase

Back