• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEWEGG please drop UPS!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeguava

I am so dissappointed that the cheap shipping from Newegg now is UPS - the first time I used the UPS 3 day shipping it took 4 days ,and with my second UPS order it also looks like 4 or 5 days ( been three days already in transit already - total of 7 days since I ordered and my payment had been approved. ZZF type of turnaround...argh

Usually I choose Fedex 2 day, but for low ticket items it just doesn't make sense.

UPS sucks. Use USPS Priority if you wanna save $$ - is much faster...

I usually get my stuff overnight when it comes from newegg's warehouse in New Jersey, but I haven't had anything shipped from California in while so I don't know how long that would take with ups.

mikeguava said:
I am so dissappointed that the cheap shipping from Newegg now is UPS - the first time I used the UPS 3 day shipping it took 4 days ,and with my second UPS order it also looks like 4 or 5 days ( been three days already in transit already - total of 7 days since I ordered and my payment had been approved. ZZF type of turnaround...argh

Usually I choose Fedex 2 day, but for low ticket items it just doesn't make sense.

UPS sucks. Use USPS Priority if you wanna save $$ - is much faster...

I agree UPS is a major downfall for newegg at the moment that and their opterons prices are retarded. I ordered 2 cpus from monarch in the last 2 weeks and they had the best price and FEDEX ... never thought I would do that lol

UPS Sucks!!!! I don't care if I have to pay a little extra I'll be using FedEx or USPS unless Ihave no other choice. Just the fact that you can pay for next day shipping from UPS and it might not get there until 9pm the next day is retarded!

I have not had a problem with UPS shipping from newegg. I do prefer FedEx and/or USPS though. USPS more so than FedEx.

Alchemy1 said:
I have not had a problem with UPS shipping from newegg. I do prefer FedEx and/or USPS though. USPS more so than FedEx.

Same here!!! UPS is ok but FEDex is better!

I hate to say this but Yes, I'm with you guys... back in the old Fedex days with NewEgg I used to have my toys within 2 days and now I ordered few parts last week and the freaking UPS tracking service still says "Cerrito" California or whatever the heck is that place... tomorrow will be 7 days and I haven't seen my toys..!

Just the fact that you can pay for next day shipping from UPS and it might not get there until 9pm the next day is retarded!
Just to clarify that is because "Next Day Air Saver is the option offered. Saver has an end of day commit time unlike regular next dar air which is 10:00AM local time. Most vendors don't offer regular NDA though due to cost. Vendors often offer a next day air option but fail to call it saver which confuses buyers.

But on the main topic, if newegg dropped UPS it wouldn't effect what the Fedex costs. More or less than UPS the Fedex shipping would still be the same if there was no UPS. Because there would be no competition the cost would probably increase to use Fedex.

Well I refuse to use UPS (Edit: Unless it's the only option), my packages are always at my door by 12pm on the day of delivery with FedEx no matter the option that is chosen, saver or otherwise.

Just ordered some stuff from Newegg Late Monday night. I went with UPS 2nd AIr because I wanted them before the weekend. Newegg rocks so well they got everything shipped out on Tuesday. Woot!! Thursday delivery! One UPS Package (ordered a rack mount 4u server case, memory and DVD burner, so there are 2 packages) is out for delivery. woot! One package is NOW set for delivery on MONDAY DEC 5th! WTF. UPS Site says package was left at a facility for 2 days. WTF!?!? I sent an email to the 'egg telling them they need to get refunded the shipping on that package and I need to be refunded the shipping on that item. I also told the 'egg that is UPS can get me the package on Friday or Saturday with either one of us incurring additional charges that I would be happy. I know the 'egg will come through, it's not their fault at all!!! They even got my order out 1 day earlier than I expected. I hoe the 'egg will get my UPS issue fixed.

I agree. Fedex was always awesome... And were the pricese really any higher than the ups now? They would always deliver my packages a day before they said they would, too...... those were the days.... I just don't feel like spending $5 extra to use it now....

Closed because we don't need 27 "OMGNEWG USE FEDEX CUZ UPS SUX LOL" threads. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back