• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

easiest way to drain loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
welp, it seems that everytime i want to drain my loop i pretty much gotta get the pump oouta the system then disconnect somethin!

i was thinkgin about installing a plug in the bottom of my case?
anyone got a solution to my "problem"? :sn:

I added a plumbing valve to mine, it rules! :D
(brass thing at the bottom of the image)

lian-drain.png

You could use 2x fillports I guess, have one as the T-line mounted to the top of the case, and another as a drain on the bottom.

I fill the system through the drain with the machine upsidedown, too, works really well.

i added a DD fill port to the bottem of my loop.take out the cap and all fluid comes out.. part from rad which i just tilt if i want total empty..

I use two sets of 1/2 inch quick disconnects I got from McMaster Carr. One set is positioned at the lowest point in my loop, just before my pump intake. The other set I attach to lengths of tube that reach far enough to get to a bucket. When It's time to flush I just pull the cap on my res, attach the second set of valve's and the coolant spills out.

This approach is so easy that I've started flushing my loop with 2 or more gallons of plain distilled before I toss in any additives.

d94 if your t-line is at th top of your case then turn your case so it rest on the top put the end of the t-line into a buck and open it up...

Aidenswarrior said:
what do you use to plug the bottom drain?

It's just a valve of some kind;

lian-drainb.jpg

Used to use a different valve before that though had problems with it leaking slightly (it's an old valve and think it requires some form of plumber's goop to keep a tight seal);

lian-draina.jpg

I guess a plumber's merchants would probably be an Aladdin's Cave for things like this. :)

Back