• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I officially love water. alot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterCraft

Got my water setup done, and wow what a difference.

Went straight to 4 ghz same as air did

only I came back to 10 DEGREES COOLER

40 idle 58 load

NOW PLEASE TAKE IN MIND THATS WITH 1 90 CFM FAN ON A BIX II

I have 2 190CFM fans coming tomarrow

Man I can't wait to get benches on this rig going

amazing.

MasterCraft said:
Got my water setup done, and wow what a difference.

Went straight to 4 ghz same as air did

only I came back to 10 DEGREES COOLER

40 idle 58 load

NOW PLEASE TAKE IN MIND THATS WITH 1 90 CFM FAN ON A BIX II

I have 2 190CFM fans coming tomarrow

Man I can't wait to get benches on this rig going

amazing.
Congrats! Glad you're enjoying the new setup. . . . Are you going to share some pics?

Revivalist said:
Congrats! Glad you're enjoying the new setup. . . . Are you going to share some pics?

I would but I don't have a camera :/

It's nothing special to look at, I spent quite awhile resleeving all the wires, as well as installing 2 new fans in the case.

It's on my desk right now, but as soon as the bigger fans get here tomarrow they are going in, then the whole system is going back into the case

for bench time :sn:

190cfm???

You might need bolt that thing down to make sure it doesn't take off. I'll bet you find that there is a certain voltage above which you will see only negligible results. I found with 6-70cfm fans push/pull with a rheostat on a BIXIII that there was only a 2c difference between 5 volts and 12 volts.

haha thanks thanks.

I had quite a scare last night, spilledsome fluid on the towel right near the board but I couldn't tell if some got on the board, so i turned it off real fast

After mopping it all up I couldn't get any video :eek:

I fixed it this morning thank god, about gave me a heart attack lol

Well now I'm having another issue

I removed the stock heatsinks and stuff for the WB on my 6800GT

I had some ramsinks I threw on there with very small amounts of AS5, within 5 minutes in windows it locked up.

Then I was getting scrampling at the startup screen, so I sat for a second and let it cool off (let a fan blow on it while the system was off)

started up fine, 5 minutes in windows, nada.

Then I get no video until I let it cool again.

I removed the ramsinks and so far it hasn't rebooted on me

But I havn't put the card under load either, any idea what this could be?

temps read 43C on the card.

Ok I did nvidia's automatic overclock and it went from 350/1000 to 447/1190

and so far it's stable, it's back in the case now. we'll see how it holds up.

Yes, watercooling is a lot of fun. Time to change your sig now. :beer:

Do you still have the ramsinks off? How were they attached before?

scott d said:
Yes, watercooling is a lot of fun. Time to change your sig now. :beer:

Do you still have the ramsinks off? How were they attached before?

the original sinks came off

the new sinks were using a very small amount of as5 to hold em on

but with the sinks on it was causing the card to give me all these issues.

I took em off and cleaned off the as5 and now it's running fine so far.

I havn't ran the card under load for an extended period yet, only aquamark for benching.

it hit 71k in aquamark though.

IMHO as5 alone will not hold the ramsinks on . You will need to use thermal tape or thermal epoxy to hold em on tight enough. Let us know how it goes.

learning curve said:
IMHO as5 alone will not hold the ramsinks on . You will need to use thermal tape or thermal epoxy to hold em on tight enough. Let us know how it goes.

will do.

Can anyone recommend a good set of ramsinks for this VGA? I'd prefer copper, but whatever works the best.

update - due to the brief reply

I did a nvidia detect optimum settings on the VGA, gave me 447/1190

I started benching in aquamark, which gave me 71k.

after about 3 hours of running and good temps (I just installed watercooling)

I started playing a game, about 30 minutes into it, the came locks up, my sound goes nuts, and eventually i hit the power and restart.

I restarted to no video, natta.

now it's working, but for how long? I need to figure out what the deal is so that it doesn't happen again, any ideas anyone? I posted this is video and sound and got no replies after like hours

Sounds alot like overheating....maybe your running the Video too high ( Im not an expert and Video Cards )

I'm running it at stock speeds now, going to for a couple of days, or at least until I get ramsinks, but I need to worry about the health of the card before I do any more overclocking.

Card is fine, i've had plently of lock ups from to high overclock on my cards. Did you get a really wierd sound from the speakers? That tends to make it seem really bad heh.

Back