• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D5 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seanohue

Ok so I just upgraded from a MAG12 to a D5 this is what is going on. It raised by idles by 1C, no big deal, and lowered my load by about 4C. But it seems like the D5 is creating more turbulent water, like tons of little bubbles in the tubes. Is this normal? I'm running with a res so no matter how long I've tried to bleed (24 hrs+) they are still there. The only thing I can attribute this to is maybe the elbow connector in front of the intake:

Could that be the problem?

It's been said that the last place you want heavy restriction as at the intake of the pump. I would definately try to rearrange things so you don't have that elbow connector there. How about rotating the pump 90 degress counter-clockwise so that the intake points up and the output points to the left. You may want to shift it to the right where there looks like there's still more room. That'll help prevent a kink in the output hose.

Wait, do I see another elbow coming off of your video card? . . . I would suggest avoiding elbows as much as possible. Water can flow much better through a gradual turn than through an elbow.

The increased flow could be churning the water in the res enough to mix in the bubbles.

Btw, how is the noise from the pump? I'm thinking about getting one.

Back