• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not only a complaint, but sadly disapointed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Well for starters I’d like to start this thread off on a positive note by saying say that Newegg was once upon a time the “greatest thing since sliced bread”. Unfortunately that isn’t the case anymore. They have suffered big time on customer service and it’s sad to say I think they have just become too big for they’re britches. They used to care and if they didn’t have an answer to your question they would get it. From the days when I used to sit in my basement and teach myself how to work with PC hardware…they were there. I used to go to Pricewatch looking for the best deals, but that all changed when I found Newegg. I quit going to Pricewatch and went soley with them, even if/when it means paying a little bit more…..the service was more than worth it. I stuck my neck out about two years ago and decided to purchase as much as I could from Newegg instead of CDW and Insight. While these guys are more expensive they at least perform and in this business that’s what it’s all about…PERFORMING. I continually try over and over to order through them, but they just aren’t there anymore. I have personally dropped $8,000.00 with them and have been behind spending an additional $120,000.00 through work. Out of this $120,000.00 I might have returned maybe $300.00 in hardware as a result of the incorrect item purchases (my fault). I have never been a nuisance to them. I have to upgrade routers, cables, switches, Gigabit cards etc still. This is where the real money is spent, but it certainly isn’t going to be with them. I once offered to buy all my ink cartridges through them ($5,000.00 worth via email) if they would work with us on the $5.00 shipping per cartridge charge and ya know what I got in return? NOTHING, not even a response. These idiots didn’t even have the decency to say “go fly” or “let’s talk”. I can honestly say that I was very happy for them when I began seeing Maximum PC ads etc. These guys have gone from being a small vendor to probably one of the largest internet PC hardware sites that ever existed. My latest and what might be my final complaint is I next day aired a pre paid check to them (this is how we do all of our orders through Newegg) on the 18th of November. They claim they never received it, however the UPS tracking number disagrees……it was signed for buy them. So I call and end up canceling the check. I call and let them know that when they find it, it is of no use to them as it was cancelled. The fella says we will modify the existing cart so that it reflected the current price drops. We attempt to do so and of course it doesn’t appear that we can agree on price. I ran part for part the last 8 digits of the Newegg number and rebuilt the cart. I then issued another check and yes Next day aired it as well. I also paid for next day Fed-Ex since UPS via Newegg is a joke. I told the guy I wanted Fed Ex because UPS wasn’t performing and acted like I was odd for saying such a thing. Do they NOT KNOW that UPS is embarrassing them right now? They received my 2nd check on the 29th and to this day have yet to attempt to even clear it, I know because I work at the bank from which it was issued. So I call and they tell me I just have to wait until they get to it. So my $5,800.00 order is stacked somewhere behind all the MP3, LCD and video card Christmas orders. What the hell do they offer that service for? I next day aired two checks and now the shipping so that my order just sits around til they get to it. In the meantime I look like and basically am an idiot to my employer as a result. So now that it is the 1st of December I have yet to even have the check cleared and we are looking at receiving my order on December 5th best case scenario. THAT SUCKS!!! So what I can’t order anything for the month of December? I guess I would think that they might take our business just a bit more serious. On the other hand they were built by the people and may just want to stay that way; I understand that as I found them as a result of these forums back in my water-cooling days. If anyone knows of another vendor with comparable prices, but willing to deal with larger orders please let me know. They used to be on top of every order no matter how big or how small. Well I can’t be blown off when I’m dropping $15,000.00 carts they’re way. I’m sorry I had to vent in here just wanted to see if maybe it’s just me thinking I deserve special treatment or is this really BS. I know they are not tailored for these types of sales, but I’d think this is something they would still appreciate. It’s funny because as I sit here my Insight order that I placed yesterday just arrived. Like I said we don’t mind paying when the service is there. I initially went with them because I built all of our workstations and servers from scratch. They can kiss that 9.7 reseller rating good-bye!!!

I just can't believe theyr'e going to throw it all away. It's really sad to see them get on top and now I among several others in the OC forums complaining. Imigine all the other fourms and people who don't post. It's already showing in the Newegg posts as well right on their website. They still have time to recover I just hope they do. I mean what do I know, but I hope they don't go out like this.

I have move most of my purchasing to zipzoomfly, they dont have the same selection but damn near everything is free 2nd day fedex, its worth paying $3 more for that, rather than save $3 and wait for newegg to get around to shipping me my stuff via UPS ground.

I've also had a similar experience with them regarding an order paid by check. I had made an order of about 2k and overnighted a check to them. Two days later, I check with my bank and find out that indeed Newegg had cashed the check. So naturally, I call Newegg hoping that the order would be in the processing stage. What I got was "Your order is on hold pending payment verification". I was like huh..... "You guys already cashed the check", and they still would not admit to doing so. They then had the balls to request that I go and get a printed statement from my bank indicating that check was indeed cashed by them. WTF, why should I be obligated to go and waste my time like that. After talking to their department that handles checks, they had the nerve to tell me that my check was declined. At this point I was boiling and wanted rip some heads out. They then cancelled my order without my approval (keep in mind they already cashed my check). I could not believe Newegg was blatantly trying to rob me. I went through two dumbass customer service reps who just repeated statements and could not intelligently respond to any of my questions. Then I spoke to a supervisor who still stood by their originaly stance of my check being declined and went about it in a very rude and unprofessional manner. So I had to go to my bank, get a statement that they did indeed cashed my check and fax it to them. I then called and requested to speak to a supervisor, this time I got in touch with a lead supervisor who this time was very helpful. By this time a whole day was wasted because of their incompetence. The lady I was speaking to had apologized accordingly. I then requested that my order be upgraded from two day which I had originally purchased to overnight. They then assured me that the proper adjustments would be made and so I thought ok, at least they're trying to correct their mistakes.

The next day, I recieve an email saying your items have shipped........... via Fedex GROUND!!!!. WTF, I not only paid for two day and was promised overnight but then to find out it shipped via ground just topped it off. That's it for me, Newegg can kiss my ***. Ya, I admit they use to offer great customer service but their management has gone to **** for some reason and I have not and will not ever purchase from them again. I have spent well over 20k over the past year and I don't even want to mention previous years for myself and the company I work for and they treated my like I was some first time buyer with a 20 dollar order. That's it.

I'm not saying that this will happen to other people....but the possibility is there and I hope that nobody else finds themselves in a similar situation.

Last edited:
I really should get a job working for

Zip

Zoom

Fly

dawtcawm.

If you don't like a vendor, don't use them, ZZFs RMA process is super-easy and free Fedex 2 day. FREE! Prices are almost always lower than The Egg's too, the only problem is they often sell out of newer stuff.

man..i also remember when newegg was amazing and they were my refference for prices..now their service sucks as much as their "automated pricing system"
they've lost just about any future business from me :(

Well I have an update, it appears that my order may come in today. Not that you guys really care :D

teddy-2 john said:
i`m haveing the same problems now i`m going with tigerdirect new egg is no good anymore

I can assure you, that will NOT prove to be a good choice. I would start overclocking baloney sandwiches before I bought computer stuff from TD again.

I personally am holding out for a bit longer to see if the Egg improves.

I have been finding myself looking to other sites of late. In such a large area of stores. They better be tip top. Word spreads fast and so do the sales to other sites.

It is just as easy to order from 2 or three stores than hit one thinking it will be easy.

When I see normally easy going members getting uptight about a certain store. It makes me wonder. It seems of the last 6 months many folks are become dissapointed with the egg. For various reasons. Makes a picky shopper wonder if her/she is next.

Back