• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final questions before setting up watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aidenswarrior

Parts List
TDX
MAZE 4 GPU
MAZE 4 Chipset
MPC655 Pump
MasterKleer 7/16
Tiline
DangerDen FillPort

#1 Should i put on my chipset block or not? I got it with my purchase from a member on this site and i am not sure if i want to use it or not. How will it affect temps of my CPU and GPU?

#2 What should i use to clean out the loop? The TDX is a little dirty on the inside and needs some cleening.

#3 Is there a site that has mounting instructions for these blocks? Cause they didnt come with any.

Last edited:
Aidenswarrior said:
#1 Should i put on my chipset block or not? I got it with my purchase from a member on this site and i am not sure if i want to use it or not. How will it affect temps of my CPU and GPU?

#2 What should i use to clean out the loop? The TDX is a little dirty on the inside and needs some cleening.

#3 Is there a site that has mounting instructions for these blocks? Cause they didnt come with any.

1. Can't hurt OCs, and won't affect temps enough to matter.

2. CLR or white vinegar

3. http://www.dangerden.com/content.php?content.1

Hope this helps.

Don't use the chipset block. To clean the tdx fill a bowl with vinegar and put a good amount of salt in it, then leave the copper bottom in there for at least an hour.

Fighter2a said:
Don't use the chipset block. To clean the tdx fill a bowl with vinegar and put a good amount of salt in it, then leave the copper bottom in there for at least an hour.

and i assume do the same thing for the chipset... but what about cleaning the rad?

Cleaning rads suck and I haven't really found a good way. The next time I take apart my wc setup I'm just going to take it to a radiator shop and have them clean it real quick.

would it be possible to run it in a loop with vinegar without the salt? like in a mini loop with each component?

Last edited:
White Vinegar plus salt shold be fine. For waterblocks I've heard it's about a teaspoon of salt per cup of vinegar, I dunno if that would change for rads. Also, check out this thread, some good info there.

Aidenswarrior said:
but wouldnt running salt through the loop destroy my pump?
Maybe, good question. I just read what was posted in this thread.
White vinegar + salt will remove the white stuff and clean out the rad and waterblocks, but you need to remove your system from your case to flush all of it out with clean water. You cannot leave any solution in the loop. That goes for any cleaning agent you choose.

nvm used an ultrasonic machine or w/e they are called and then let them sit in vinegar for like 20 minutes, it did the trick. Now just to figure out what to do to the rad.

Back