• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

string of bubbles..will they go or do i need to change somthing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tat2monsta

i know its early days but.. i got my storm blok today.. took most of the day to flush clean and scrape my old setup clean.. was useing mct-5 was told to use water on this block coz that stuff would block it
my prob.. all the loop is near bubble free apart from one stretch of tubing.. my loop is all 1/2 stuff apart from this one bit. one size down. i used this coz the tubes had a better flex to reach the rad without puting strain on my gpu block.. basicly it the same as i had it set up before. but its got a string of fast moveing bubbles from what looks like inside my maze4 right along the tube till it hits the rad its been on for about 4 hours now and there exactly the same as when i first booted it up. could this be anything to do with adding the storm? even thoe all tubes conected to the storm are ok.. its just the tube out from gpu to the rad..if i slightly squeez the tube near the block,they die down untill i let go..
if i added a L bend by the maze and used the bigger tube A... would it fix the prob and B would it mess with the flow?

or shall i just calm down and wait becouse its nothing and it will clear its self..

heres a pik i outlined the tube but u cant see the bubbles from the piks i take..way too fast. apart from this im chuffed as a chuffy thing.. my temps have gone down bout 4c on idle from previous setup not tried warming it up get

soz if this post is a waste of space. but im sure somthing needs tweekin /changing

Attachments

• DSC01968.JPG
    DSC01968.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 136
First of all, you just used straight water? Thats bad. As for the bubbles, you probably have a slow air leak on the output barb of the maze4. The bend might be to much for it or the clamp might be creating a small opening.

nooo not str8 water got some de ionised water for batteries/irons from a garage and added 10% antifreeze. as for the clamp ect. ill look into that but its just as i had it set up b4.. its smaller tube so i had to heat in warm water to get it on there and it clamped.. the pik makes it look like it a fast turn but it isnt.. its a very slow 90degree turn

Well thats the only reason why there would be a constant stream of bubbles :shrug: . Maybe just give it a day or two.

ok .. cheers . i try refixing everything after ive stuck needles in my m8 tomorro. ill take it apart and re tube it if need be.. btw temps seem ok. i was wandering if it had anything to do with useing 2 dif size tubes.. ill have to order some more fat stuff next week.. thanks again.. all input is good :)

where does that y in the pic go to? looks like the end going up and ou tof the loop is ull of air :/, is it another fill port or somthin? cause if there to much air in the loop for your T to hold, or in this case it looks like you used a Y for a T, there would be air in the tubres with nowhere to go until you bleed out some air

Check to make sure there is no chance of a gap on your GPU block, I had bubbles after my GPU block and it turned out it was leaking a tiny bit.

possibilities:
A)you have an air leak in th eclamp area either at the inlet or outlet barb of your GPU block.
B)You have a pocket of air in your radiator
C)You have a pocket of air in your GPU block

All pockets of air will work themselves out eventually unless your rad has barbs on the beotom (yours doesnt)
An air leak will need to be fixed by you and will probabliy start leaking water eventually.

Pirate_Freder said:
where does that y in the pic go to? looks like the end going up and ou tof the loop is ull of air :/, is it another fill port or somthin? cause if there to much air in the loop for your T to hold, or in this case it looks like you used a Y for a T, there would be air in the tubres with nowhere to go until you bleed out some air

the y in pik at top goes to the top of the case/filport.. had the cap off to expell the air...

fuzzba11 said:
Check to make sure there is no chance of a gap on your GPU block, I had bubbles after my GPU block and it turned out it was leaking a tiny bit.
okiedokie.. ill look into it today..cheers

Back