• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building first watercooled rig, need comments on ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoweX

Registered
So, I have decided to take the plunge and go water cooling. What I have decided to go for it maximal quiet for this system. Ill be cooling an Athlon X2 4200, Asus A8N, and BFG 7800GTX. What I am thinking of is:

Thermaltake Symphony (removing the crappy restictive water block)
Either a Swiftech Storm or MCW600X
DD Maze 4 chipset block
DD NV78 VGA block.

The issues Im concerned about is the Symphony being a low flow rate system (~24GPH) in 3/8" ID lines. Any comments or suggestions (please)?

DoweX said:
So, I have decided to take the plunge and go water cooling. What I have decided to go for it maximal quiet for this system. Ill be cooling an Athlon X2 4200, Asus A8N, and BFG 7800GTX. What I am thinking of is:

Thermaltake Symphony (removing the crappy restictive water block)
Either a Swiftech Storm or MCW600X
DD Maze 4 chipset block
DD NV78 VGA block.

The issues Im concerned about is the Symphony being a low flow rate system (~24GPH) in 3/8" ID lines. Any comments or suggestions (please)?

24gph seems reallly low. with those components of your computer, i would try to stick with 1/2" tubing.

Back