• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.co.uk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xoligy

Ok I use to like this company untill i have had to:

Contact them for support - None exsistant getting in contact is impossible!
RMA a product - Speat two hours in totoal in two days then went to the store!

1st RMA - KVM 2 Switch, before taking it back to the store i contacted Cisco that made the KVM 2 Switch (think it was cisco) anyway i spoke to there support guy one 2/3 occasions over the net and they said return to the shop its faulty. I take it to OcUK and spend about an hour in the store waiting for them to test it and replace it but after that hour of waiting i said i'll be ack in 2days as i have someone waiting for me as i told you 40minutes ago!

I leave and return when i say i would to get this it's faulty and we dont have a replacement till next week and i return a week later and get the replacement

2nd RMA - XFX 6600GT Extream Edition, i did the what i mentiond at the top two hours in two days contactiong them on the phone and had no luck! So i goto the store and say ive been trying to contact them for the past two days and im not happy yadda, yadda and they give me a form to fill in which i did fill in to my best of knowlage and then i hit a brick wall here is the conversaton/argument:

Him: Whats your order number?
Me: I dont know ive not got the recipt anymore
Him: Well we carnt take it back then without an order number
Me: WHAT?! What do you mean you woun't take it back?!
Him: Well how do we know you got ti from here?
Me: Well its got your sticker on there (the bar code)
Him: Yea but without an order number we carnt take it back
Me: Well the order number will be on the computers here!
Him: How are we ment to find it?
Me: Err... the serial number on the box maybe becuase that will be in the system!
Him: Yes but if it wasn't scanned they it wount show on the computer
Me: Well ho about if i tell you what else i brought that day?!
Him: Go on then...
Me: AMD 3200 cpu, psu and a MSI Platinum motherboard
Him: Ok then i'll go and have a look but if the GFX card wan't scanned then i woun't find the order number

He goes off and i have a think... If the barcode wasn't scanned i couldn't of paid for the GFX card and i wouldn't have it! Anyway he comes back 5minutes later after two of them thats right two of them lookde for the sale in the system

Him: Ok we've found the order there is a copy of the reipt for use in the future
Me: Thanks! So how long is this going to take because i need the GFX card for uni
Him: should only take a few days would you like us to post the card to you when it's sorted or come and pick it up?
Me: How much is it going to cost for the delivery?
Him: Notthing
Me: I'll have it delivered then

we had the above argument infront of the customers and just before i lef ti said this: "I need a my card back by next week at the latest as i need to do my university work" he said "yea that ok we'll probably test it tomorrow being saturday and contact you wednesday"

Now wednesday cam i heard notthing, thursday notthing, friday i call them and actually get through to thre support and i tell him the situation and i get this: "Ive just got somone on it now we'll email you later" (that was at about 10am friday morning)

friday night... notthing, saturday was in bed all day and was going to nip up at about 4pm but slept through my alarm as i suffer with mild insomnia and had been up for 2days before oh i heard notthing and i have to hand in the assignment monday this monday! ive had to do the whole thig again on my old computer as i need my storage drive but... i only have one working sata port!

All in all i shall NEVER use thi company ever again!

oh and if that dont put you off using them then go here there overall rating is under 3 out of 10!

edit just thought im going to there store tomorrow and demanding a replacement card or my cash back plus compensation! the card was a month old and they have had the goods for a week with no contact and it was still under there 28day return thing if they sat no... trading standards and loads of proof of what people think about them ;)

what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Local independant retails for the win ;).

I had a few bad experiences with online retailers (ebuyer screwed up a number of times, komplett too) and decided to pay a little extra and get my stuff local.

I know other store that are local that i can goto and i dont mind using online if i have to wait a day or so but i used them because i could get it same day and i thought they had a good reputation but looks like i was wrong!

Like i said im going to the store in about 12/13hrs and going to tell the the circumstances and if need be get trading standards involved and my dad and step dad if needs be!

Xoligy said:
I know other store that are local that i can goto and i dont mind using online if i have to wait a day or so but i used them because i could get it same day and i thought they had a good reputation but looks like i was wrong!

Like i said im going to the store in about 12/13hrs and going to tell the the circumstances and if need be get trading standards involved and my dad and step dad if needs be!

They failed to supply the goods and services in a suitable and appropriate timeframe, therefore you are entitled to a refund afaik.

If paid by card, do a chargeback on the card. Make sure they have the box, software, leads etc as well. Trading standards would be a good idea too if they still don't return the card.

Also: If they are no help demand to speak to the manager. Give them the opportunity to resolve the issue but be firm yet polite when you request a refund. Take in a copy of the reciept and the card (if relevant) it was paid with.

ok then thanks they have the card they have had it for over a week now on a RMA XFX said they would send it back 3days after recieving the goods therefor i should hev my card back by now if they hadnt kept lying to me! oh they never gave me a rma number either!

Thanks fot rhe anyway fellas it's much appreciated now i know exactly where i stand ;) :)

Back